National Instruments

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

3.2

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments.

It is simple. First there was a telephonic interview in which the interviewer had asked me about my resume and skills. I answered them well and the questions were very simple like describe your projects and how did you correct the bug you faced in your project and stuff...

Then there was an on site interview where they asked me on flip flops, timing diagrams, delays etc.

Interview Questions
  • how is the serial and parallel communication done using fpga with the external devices.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Instruments in February 2015.

i applied to them on career fair and next evening got a call from them for the next day interview. Also was told that it would be about digital logic design. Interview had a mix of behavioral questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Random pattern generation and switching in between   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in January 2015.

It's a on campus interview right after the career fair. First they did some back ground check and asked some behavior problem. Then it goes to technical problems described as bellow. The technical problem is more about basic one since it's a on campus interview. I still wait for more information about later on-site interview to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A basic state machine problem. Glitch property and its solution.   Answer Question

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Instruments.

Single on campus interview.
    Talked about school project majority of the time (approximately 30 minutes).
    My project was a measurement system, which is related to NI.
    Asked 3 HR questions.
    1 technical design question.
    Overall, basic interview to assess technical level and knowledge of previous projects.

Interview Questions
    • Black Box 1 clock 1 input, 3 outputs RGB
      design circuit inside

Answer Question
    No negotiation, internship

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Instruments in September 2014.

I was provided the interview during the career fair in the university. The interview is held on the other day after I submitted my resume. I was asked FSM problems based on my resume.

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments.

Design a FSM with two similar state.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments in October 2013.

The hiring managers were very nice. The first couple of question were regarding my work experience listed in my resume. Next, they asked several question about my social skills like working in team, decision making, and problem solving skills. Last, I had technical question about light traffic. They wanted to see flowchart of the light traffic, and its possible design in hardware.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were decent. They tried to make you relax   View Answer

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments in March 2013.

Through campus career fair

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions based on different delays and finite state machines.   Answer Question

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments in September 2012.

Applied through career fair. They got back after a month and set up an interview first. Had 3 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions
    • I had applied for Digital Hardware Engineer,but they were actually looking for some one with a software engineer with a digital background. They wanted people who were good at C# and asked me a few questions in that area, though I told them I was not at all adept in it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in October 2011.

It was a part of career fair at my university. I submitted my resume and next day I got a call for interview. The next day I had one interview in campus and it went well.
    He asked about basic FSM design and questions about digital hardware.
    After 2 weeks I got an email for on site interview. It was scheduled on Friday. There were 25-30 student on the same day. My day was as follows:
    Introduction, small presentation, breakfast, 1st technical interview, lunch, 2nd technical interview, small break, 3rd technical interview, a small presentation by company, and finally HR wrap up.

Interview Questions
    • Design an FSM to generate a sequence. or to detect a sequence.   View Answer
    • Timing characteristics of sequential circuit, max frequency , memory controller design, knowledge about pcb designing.   View Answer