National Instruments Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Interview process was very professional. I was often communicated with before the interview. You will need to dress up for interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to remember equation for bending moment.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Recruited on campus, interviewed on campus and on site. Overall process is long and takes some effort (technical presentation) but the interviews themselves aren't tricky or extremely difficult. There was a mix of technical, behavioral, and general questions in all interview stages. They try to get all the info they can on how you think and work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

NI visited my university where I participated in a 1:1 interview consisting of one technical question and a few behavioral questions. The following week I was invited to select a date for an interview at NI. This was a three day trip to Austin: one day at NI completing three interviews and touring the facilities, another day seeing Austin, and leaving the last. Candidates are assigned a host, an NI employee that guides you through the interview day and accompanies you through Austin - driving you where needed. The host was NI's "extra mile", a true example to their investment in the interviewing process.

Interviews were technical and behavioral and lasted about 1 to 1.5 hours each. The technical questions seemed to aim to extract some domain knowledge and your thinking process (how well do you approach complex problems).

Interview Questions

• [Given a problem or requested action] Walk me through your process to develop a function (algorithm) that solves or performs the requested action.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in August 2007.

Interview

I was originally interviewed as a digital engineer after applying to the general engineering position available. After having that interview (which was not in my strong field), that interviewer found another group that was working in a field more closely aligned with my interests. From there we had a skill based phone interview, and then a 1:1 interview with more skill based and engineering method questions.

Interview Questions

• Develop an op amp circuit that inverts a signal and references it around a non-zero voltage.   1 Answer
    • Vcc on a set of chips seems to be shorted to ground. You got a drawing of a PCB layout and were asked how you would locate the fault.   Answer Question

My significant other couldn't find work in the area, and we had both gotten offers in another location.

Application

Interview

Campus Interview. After initial shortlisting, group discussion and presentation rounds, the interview was conducted. They were focused on clarity of fundamental concepts, creative thinking abilities and performance under stress, mimicking a B2B sales situation. The interview itself was focused on inducing stress but otherwise the experience was not very painful.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in February 2010.

Interview

Very relaxed, yet challenging problem sets.

Interview Questions

Heard the employees were underpaid.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in February 2008.

Interview

The job offering was posted at my university. The interview was held with the responsible country manager. The interview consisted of an overview presentation of the company and what they do. Then the job description, the formation and the future perspective Then some simple questions, where you see yourself and other blabla.

All in all it was a good interview with also good abroad experience perspective.