National Instruments

National Instruments Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Applied on campus and get the interview two days later.
Most questions are team behavior problems and technical problems are easy

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Instruments in January 2014.

Applied through school and interviewed on campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments.

First interview was on univerisity campus. Basic questions on my masters' project. Onsite interview was with three teams. Each team spent a lot of time quizzing me about the projects I had done during my undergrad and masters'. Questions on transistors and sensors.

Interview Questions
    • Transient responses of hypothetical R-L-C circuit combinations.   Answer Question

Just a campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Draw a state machine and circuit diagram of a counter that toggles between 3 numbers   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in September 2013.

At the Career Fair, he Asked some basic questions and talked about my previous projects before my on campus interview. On campus interview followed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Instruments in September 2012.

At the very beginning of the interview, the recruiter confirmed personal information with you. Then he asked questions about projects listed on resume and asked you to explain in detail. He also asked me what difficulties I have ever met in debugging or doing project. Then he asked one question about FSM.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in September 2011.

Got selected for an on-site interview after on-campus interview. There were three interviews in one day in Austin, all of them very technical. It seemed that they kept asking questions that made the original problem progressively harder, until they inevitably get you with some detail you can't remember... Overall, though, I think they were very professional and took care of the details of my trip to their HQ.

Interview Questions
    • Plot the transient response of a RLC circuit   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in November 2010.

A one hour interview with two people. One person began the interview by asking behavioral questions for about 15 minutes, including areas of interests etc. Next I got asked two technical questions by the other person. Overall the interviewing experience was quite good. Everytime I got stuck with the questions, I was guided in the right general directions without giving me too much, and I got clear, honest answers to the questions I asked them regarding NI's future, what i am to expect etc.

Interview Questions
    • Design a system that records our current conversation and sends it to the HR department.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in October 2010.

I was asked to explain about my projects. Then was asked a tech question relating to RLC circuit response and basic opamp questions

Interview Questions
    • Given an RLC filter I was asked to plot the output response. This was followed by a question as to how the response would change if I removed the resistor   Answer Question
    • Draw a non inverting amplifier and explain its Gain equation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in September 2010.

Interview consisted of technical and behavioral questions. Technical topics included state machines/digital design, signal timing/glitching/clock skew. Behavioral questions example: Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond?