National Instruments Hardware Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

18 interviews

3.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Applied on campus and get the interview two days later.
Most questions are team behavior problems and technical problems are easy

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Instruments in January 2014.

Applied through school and interviewed on campus.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at National Instruments.

First interview was on univerisity campus. Basic questions on my masters' project. Onsite interview was with three teams. Each team spent a lot of time quizzing me about the projects I had done during my undergrad and masters'. Questions on transistors and sensors.

Interview Questions
    • Transient responses of hypothetical R-L-C circuit combinations.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at National Instruments in September 2013.

At the Career Fair, he Asked some basic questions and talked about my previous projects before my on campus interview. On campus interview followed.

Just a campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Draw a state machine and circuit diagram of a counter that toggles between 3 numbers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Instruments in September 2012.

At the very beginning of the interview, the recruiter confirmed personal information with you. Then he asked questions about projects listed on resume and asked you to explain in detail. He also asked me what difficulties I have ever met in debugging or doing project. Then he asked one question about FSM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Instruments in February 2008.

I had 5 technical interviews with several different groups at NI. I was able to rate which group I thought I would fit in the best with. I had a host that walked me to each interview and took me to lunch. Keep in mind that anytime you are around a group of other candidates you are being watched. NI wants social, interesting people that are smart and will fit in well with the NI culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you worked in a team that had a difficult team member.   Answer Question
    Show the hiring manager your competitive offer to strengthen your case for increased pay, but don't be surprised when the number doesn't budge much. NI will not pay you as much or more than its competitors.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at National Instruments in September 2011.

Got selected for an on-site interview after on-campus interview. There were three interviews in one day in Austin, all of them very technical. It seemed that they kept asking questions that made the original problem progressively harder, until they inevitably get you with some detail you can't remember... Overall, though, I think they were very professional and took care of the details of my trip to their HQ.

Interview Questions
    • Plot the transient response of a RLC circuit   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at National Instruments in February 2010.

Interviewed by a NI staff, three or four behavioral questions. Since I'm going for HardW eng, he then asked me two questions on basic circuit components and theory.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much really. They re looking for undergrad intern so it's not that hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Instruments in November 2010.

A one hour interview with two people. One person began the interview by asking behavioral questions for about 15 minutes, including areas of interests etc. Next I got asked two technical questions by the other person. Overall the interviewing experience was quite good. Everytime I got stuck with the questions, I was guided in the right general directions without giving me too much, and I got clear, honest answers to the questions I asked them regarding NI's future, what i am to expect etc.

Interview Questions
    • Design a system that records our current conversation and sends it to the HR department.   View Answers (2)

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!