National Instruments Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.2

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Got an on Campus Interview on next day of the career fair. Interview was 45 min. HR question, Project Discussion, Technical Questions, Behavioral Questions and at the end gave chance to me if I have some questions for them. Have on-site interview next week.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain any one project which is relevant to the position. 2. Explain if you have faced any situation any time in your life where you have exceeded your own or someone's expectations. 3. Questions related to FSM.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

On campus career fair. Interview was on the next day. And a couple of behavioural questions as well. Eg: describing about a project, what was the role, major problem and how was it tackled, etc.. Not very tough. Could have been better if properly prepared or gone through the concepts. It was a 45-minute interview, first 10 minutes behavioural, 30 minutes technical - 3 questions and they see the way you proceed in solving them (1. Some circuit was given and asked to draw the frequency response and find the cut off frequency 2. Design a circuit with a gain of 10) Do not remember the third question. Last 5 minutes - any questions to be asked. Didn't hear back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on frequency response and designing circuit with a certain gain. Basics learnt in electronic devices and circuits, pulse and digital circuit courses.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied on campus and get the interview two days later. Most questions are team behavior problems and technical problems are easy

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through school and interviewed on campus.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

First interview was on univerisity campus. Basic questions on my masters' project. Onsite interview was with three teams. Each team spent a lot of time quizzing me about the projects I had done during my undergrad and masters'. Questions on transistors and sensors.

Interview Questions

• Transient responses of hypothetical R-L-C circuit combinations.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Just a campus interview

Interview Questions

• Draw a state machine and circuit diagram of a counter that toggles between 3 numbers   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments in September 2013.

Interview

At the Career Fair, he Asked some basic questions and talked about my previous projects before my on campus interview. On campus interview followed.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Boulder, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

I was asked various behavioral interview questions about what I would do in certain situations if I was sturggling to complete a task on the job, and recall experiences in which I went the extra distance to help someone while working on the job.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time where you went the extra mile to get the job done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

At the very beginning of the interview, the recruiter confirmed personal information with you. Then he asked questions about projects listed on resume and asked you to explain in detail. He also asked me what difficulties I have ever met in debugging or doing project. Then he asked one question about FSM.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Got selected for an on-site interview after on-campus interview. There were three interviews in one day in Austin, all of them very technical. It seemed that they kept asking questions that made the original problem progressively harder, until they inevitably get you with some detail you can't remember... Overall, though, I think they were very professional and took care of the details of my trip to their HQ.

Interview Questions

• Plot the transient response of a RLC circuit   1 Answer