National Instruments

Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments.

The interview was setup for two days after the campus career fair. The interview was about 50 mins long and was with two interviewers. It was well organized. It started with some general questions on GPA, major, standing etc. Next, they asked to talk about a design project in detail. Next, were two behavioral questions- a time when you took initiative, a time when you used your technical and debugging skills to solve a problem. In the end were two technical questions based on Op-amps and frequency response.

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at National Instruments.

The first part of the interview covered personality questions and a simple questions over my understanding of their products. The second part of the interview was technical and covered two software questions and two hardware questions.

Interview Questions
    • As an electrical engineer, I was asked was asked to solve a hardware and a software problem how an ADC worked and explain the bit resolution. The software question asked to find the first non negative number in an assorted array ranging from negative to positive numbers.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation for the position. They offered $20.00 an hour and provide a large housing allowance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in January 2014.

The recruiter is incredibly nice! It was a very relaxed interview for the most part. Half the interview was behavioral questions and the other half was technical based. They will explain the purpose of all behavioral questions to you so that you can kind of center your answer around it. The best part is they tell you exactly what they are looking for so you don't have to guess. The technical portion of the interview was probably the toughest part; it was a combination of software and hardware knowledge. Brush up on your knowledge of bitwise conversions and how ADCs function. Finally, know arrays!

Interview Questions
    • Given this sinusoidal wave and an ADC, what is the digital representation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in September 2012.

Career Fair. 1 interview. 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to find the average of all the nodes in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in September 2008.

I initially made contact with NI at a leadership seminar hosted on campus. They took resumes and met students at a dinner following. The interview consisted of an hour long 1:1 interview. The interviewer asked questions about the resume, behavioral questions, and two technical questions. The interview was not high stress. Be prepared to answer the behavioral questions and talk your way through the technical questions. The process is more important than the answer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would bring the output from a microphone into a computer in terms or hardware and software.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Asked some basic questions but were more interested in the course that I have taken. They were looking for some people who has some prior experience in the field. THis was a good experience. I had a good time in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Started to take course no. and asked have u taken this course??   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at National Instruments in September 2012.

I attended an on-campus recruiting event and got contacted by recruiter for an on-campus interview. The interview lasts for around 1 hour and there was only one-round of interview unlike many other companies. I got lots of questions on previous projects and only one technical question, which is pretty straight-forward.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Debrecen (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Debrecen (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Instruments in February 2012.

I applied online in December and started working in March. The whole process consisted of a telephone interview and a group interview in Debrecen. Every interviewer were really friendly, so I wasn't too stressed. They were not really interested in technical skills but in motivation, intelligence, etc. They asked the usual questions about my strength and weaknesses, past projects.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in October 2011.

Interview can be divided to 3 part,
    1) Introduction about your self,
    2) Show your initiative personality by giving your real life experience examples.
    3) Technical Question,
    -voltage divider rule
    -functions of inductor and capacitor
    -Op-amp characteristic
    -programming skills

Interview Questions
    • Show you are a initiative personality by giving some examples.   Answer Question
    • Way to help a customer solve a product problem.   Answer Question
    • The most difficult problem you faced and the way you solve the problem   Answer Question