National Instruments

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National Instruments in January 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter is incredibly nice! It was a very relaxed interview for the most part. Half the interview was behavioral questions and the other half was technical based. They will explain the purpose of all behavioral questions to you so that you can kind of center your answer around it. The best part is they tell you exactly what they are looking for so you don't have to guess. The technical portion of the interview was probably the toughest part; it was a combination of software and hardware knowledge. Brush up on your knowledge of bitwise conversions and how ADCs function. Finally, know arrays!

Interview Question – Given this sinusoidal wave and an ADC, what is the digital representation?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied in-person and interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – The first part of the interview covered personality questions and a simple questions over my understanding of their products. The second part of the interview was technical and covered two software questions and two hardware questions.

Interview Question – As an electrical engineer, I was asked was asked to solve a hardware and a software problem how an ADC worked and explain the bit resolution. The software question asked to find the first non negative number in an assorted array ranging from negative to positive numbers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for the position. They offered $20.00 an hour and provide a large housing allowance

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National Instruments in September 2012.

Interview Details – Career Fair. 1 interview. 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Write a function to find the average of all the nodes in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National Instruments in September 2008.

Interview Details – I initially made contact with NI at a leadership seminar hosted on campus. They took resumes and met students at a dinner following. The interview consisted of an hour long 1:1 interview. The interviewer asked questions about the resume, behavioral questions, and two technical questions. The interview was not high stress. Be prepared to answer the behavioral questions and talk your way through the technical questions. The process is more important than the answer.

Interview Question – Explain how you would bring the output from a microphone into a computer in terms or hardware and software.   Answer Question

Interviewed at National Instruments

Interview Details – Asked some basic questions but were more interested in the course that I have taken. They were looking for some people who has some prior experience in the field. THis was a good experience. I had a good time in the interview.

Interview Question – Started to take course no. and asked have u taken this course??   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at National Instruments in September 2012.

Interview Details – I attended an on-campus recruiting event and got contacted by recruiter for an on-campus interview. The interview lasts for around 1 hour and there was only one-round of interview unlike many other companies. I got lots of questions on previous projects and only one technical question, which is pretty straight-forward.

Interview Question – implement a binary search tree   Answer Question

Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National Instruments in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview can be divided to 3 part,
1) Introduction about your self,
2) Show your initiative personality by giving your real life experience examples.
3) Technical Question,
-voltage divider rule
-functions of inductor and capacitor
-Op-amp characteristic
-programming skills

Interview Questions

Debrecen (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at National Instruments in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online in December and started working in March. The whole process consisted of a telephone interview and a group interview in Debrecen. Every interviewer were really friendly, so I wasn't too stressed. They were not really interested in technical skills but in motivation, intelligence, etc. They asked the usual questions about my strength and weaknesses, past projects.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Instruments

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

National Instruments Videos

National Instruments – Why Work for Us?

NI employees enjoy a work environment framed more by guidelines rather than hard and fast rules; an outstanding, multifaceted compensation and benefits package; and access to tools and resources equipping them to drive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Instruments Intern interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Instruments employees and interview candidates.