National Instruments

312 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Process Analyst Intern Interview

Interviewed at National Instruments

Interview Details – Two on one interview. One person took notes while the other asked the interview questions. It was fairly straightforward but I had prepared behavioral questions the day before and wasn't really asked any. They were more interested in past experience and what I hoped to gain from the internship. The interviewers were very kind.

Interview Question – They asked me to draw a diagram of the entire interview process and explain how I would improve any point in the process.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – Internal process, standard behavioral questions

Negotiation Details – no additional negotiation

RF Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at National Instruments in February 2014.

Interview Details – On Campus interview: University.
 Lasted about 1 hour.
Technical + Behavioral

Pretty simple.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – The interview involved two part process. First part was technical, which tested for IQ and math questions. Second part was personality, which tested the candidate if he or she had the leadership and sales potential.

Interview Question – A candle takes 1 hour to burn down. How would you measure 15 minutes if you had 2 candles?   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Instruments in March 2014.

Interview Details – I met recruiters at a college fair. They told me to wait around for the HR rep to come in. When she did, we spoke for a little about the internship more generally, and then she basically interviewed me on the spot and told me she would get back to me within the week.

Interview Question – Would you call yourself mature and can you handle sensitive information?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I followed up with her on Linkedin, and about one week later she got back to me with an offer. I wanted to get paid so I was happy to take any offer she gave me.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – I applied trough my universities on campus recruiting website, and I got called for an interview about 3weeks later. The interview process was very professional, I was interviewed by two people. The questions were all behavioral, usual stuff. They were very forthcoming with all my questions and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with them. The interview process and the recruiter's attitude has left me with a very positive image of the company.

Interview Question – All pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a career fair. The next day I was given an interview with them. The interview was pretty straight forward. There were no behavioral questions for me. There was one "tell us about a nasty bug and how you debugged it" question.

Interview Question – They also asked to find the average of a Binary Search Tree   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Technical Sales Representative
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at National Instruments in August 2011.

Interview Details – You interview all day with multiple sales manageres.

Interview Question – What do you know about NI products?   Answer Question

ELP Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – The interview was an on-campus interview lasting about thirty minutes. The interviewer asked one software related question, one hardware related question, three personality "describe a time when you..." questions. The software program had to do with sorting, and the hardware question had to do with a analog to digital converter.

Interview Question – Describe a time when others disagreed with you about something that was important to you and how you felt/reacted.   Answer Question

R&D Software Engineer Interview

R&D Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Instruments in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied at a school Career Fair and heard back within a few weeks. I was given about 5 days notice for the interview. The interview was about 40 minutes and consisted of two technical questions, several behavioral questions, and an explanation of the R&D department. The interviewer was friendly and helpful on technical questions.

Interview Question – Find the average of the values stored in a binary tree.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Instruments

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

National Instruments Videos

National Instruments – Why Work for Us?

NI employees enjoy a work environment framed more by guidelines rather than hard and fast rules; an outstanding, multifaceted compensation and benefits package; and access to tools and resources equipping them to drive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Instruments interview questions and advice. All 312 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Instruments employees and interview candidates.