National Instruments Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

3.2

Analog Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

45 minutes in person interview. Two interviewers - one from analog background and the other from digital background. It is a combination of behavioral interview and technical interview. Got the interview from campus career fair.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Got an on Campus Interview on next day of the career fair. Interview was 45 min. HR question, Project Discussion, Technical Questions, Behavioral Questions and at the end gave chance to me if I have some questions for them. Have on-site interview next week.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain any one project which is relevant to the position. 2. Explain if you have faced any situation any time in your life where you have exceeded your own or someone's expectations. 3. Questions related to FSM.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

On campus career fair. Interview was on the next day. And a couple of behavioural questions as well. Eg: describing about a project, what was the role, major problem and how was it tackled, etc.. Not very tough. Could have been better if properly prepared or gone through the concepts. It was a 45-minute interview, first 10 minutes behavioural, 30 minutes technical - 3 questions and they see the way you proceed in solving them (1. Some circuit was given and asked to draw the frequency response and find the cut off frequency 2. Design a circuit with a gain of 10) Do not remember the third question. Last 5 minutes - any questions to be asked. Didn't hear back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on frequency response and designing circuit with a certain gain. Basics learnt in electronic devices and circuits, pulse and digital circuit courses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

i applied to them on career fair and next evening got a call from them for the next day interview. Also was told that it would be about digital logic design. Interview had a mix of behavioral questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Random pattern generation and switching in between   1 Answer

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

It is simple. First there was a telephonic interview in which the interviewer had asked me about my resume and skills. I answered them well and the questions were very simple like describe your projects and how did you correct the bug you faced in your project and stuff... Then there was an on site interview where they asked me on flip flops, timing diagrams, delays etc.

Interview Questions

• how is the serial and parallel communication done using fpga with the external devices.   Answer Question

Coop - Hardware Engineer (MS) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with digital logic review questions and followed by a lot of personality quiz questions. Questions were easy even for an undergrad senior, they also discussed a lot about the projects I have done. Interview experience was good. They were respectful.

Interview Questions

• Basic logic gates, solve a problem using state machine, implement it with flip-flops.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

It's a on campus interview right after the career fair. First they did some back ground check and asked some behavior problem. Then it goes to technical problems described as bellow. The technical problem is more about basic one since it's a on campus interview. I still wait for more information about later on-site interview to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• A basic state machine problem. Glitch property and its solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

On campus interview after career fair. It was easy with technical and HR questions. Questions based on state diagrams and complete analysis of it. Very friendly and helping interviewer. HR questions were simple and general. Pretty chilled out. They took very long to get back withe result and i had accepted internship elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Single on campus interview. Talked about school project majority of the time (approximately 30 minutes). My project was a measurement system, which is related to NI. Asked 3 HR questions. 1 technical design question. Overall, basic interview to assess technical level and knowledge of previous projects.

Interview Questions

• Black Box 1 clock 1 input, 3 outputs RGB design circuit inside   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, internship

Hardware Engineer I Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments in September 2014.

Interview

Got an interview through the school career fair. The interview was split into 2 part. I was asked to explain my previous projects work in terms of design difficulties and debugging. After that I was asked questions on filter frequency response and op-amp gains.