National Instruments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at National Instruments

Interview Details – Process took approximately 3 weeks. I applied online through the career portal. Got an email scheduling interview in 3 weeks. The Interview lasted 1 hour, some HR and 2 technical questions. Technical questions are mostly similar to what has already been mentioned on this site. Behavioral and HR questions were common.

Interview Question – The interview exceeded the time mentioned in the email.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – I found the job online and applied. Had nearly forgotten about it when I got an email almost 8 weeks later asking for more information and writing samples. Then they set up a phone interview and an editing test.
The phone interview asked for more context about some of the portfolio I had submitted, and past experience. Most of it was behavioral questions about conflicts during group work.
I was then invited to their company HQ to interview in person. It was a series of interviews, typically with a few interviewers, and a couple 1 on 1 interviews and demonstrations. Most questions were about how I worked with groups, and how I approached learning new things.

Interview Question – Since most questions were behavioral, the hardest thing was trying to give fresh answers. I didn't want to rehash the same stories at every interview, because I thought I would come across as boring when they compared notes and all got the same story.   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Intern Interview

Business Process Analyst Intern

Interviewed at National Instruments

Interview Details – Two on one interview. One person took notes while the other asked the interview questions. It was fairly straightforward but I had prepared behavioral questions the day before and wasn't really asked any. They were more interested in past experience and what I hoped to gain from the internship. The interviewers were very kind.

Interview Question – They asked me to draw a diagram of the entire interview process and explain how I would improve any point in the process.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – Internal process, standard behavioral questions

Negotiation Details – no additional negotiation

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – The interview involved two part process. First part was technical, which tested for IQ and math questions. Second part was personality, which tested the candidate if he or she had the leadership and sales potential.

Interview Question – A candle takes 1 hour to burn down. How would you measure 15 minutes if you had 2 candles?   Answer Question

RF Software Engineer Interview

RF Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at National Instruments in February 2014.

Interview Details – On Campus interview: University.
 Lasted about 1 hour.
Technical + Behavioral

Pretty simple.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Instruments in March 2014.

Interview Details – I met recruiters at a college fair. They told me to wait around for the HR rep to come in. When she did, we spoke for a little about the internship more generally, and then she basically interviewed me on the spot and told me she would get back to me within the week.

Interview Question – Would you call yourself mature and can you handle sensitive information?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I followed up with her on Linkedin, and about one week later she got back to me with an offer. I wanted to get paid so I was happy to take any offer she gave me.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Business Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – I applied trough my universities on campus recruiting website, and I got called for an interview about 3weeks later. The interview process was very professional, I was interviewed by two people. The questions were all behavioral, usual stuff. They were very forthcoming with all my questions and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with them. The interview process and the recruiter's attitude has left me with a very positive image of the company.

Interview Question – All pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a career fair. The next day I was given an interview with them. The interview was pretty straight forward. There were no behavioral questions for me. There was one "tell us about a nasty bug and how you debugged it" question.

Interview Question – They also asked to find the average of a Binary Search Tree   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Technical Sales Representative
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at National Instruments in August 2011.

Interview Details – You interview all day with multiple sales manageres.

Interview Question – What do you know about NI products?   Answer Question