National Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I spoke to NI at a career expo at my university and got a interview a week later. The interview was fairly relaxed with it having the typical interview questions everyone seems to get which were two behavior questions and finding the average of a binary search tree. I didn't think I did that great, but apparently got an offer 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• A time where you showed leadership. About past projects and how I overcame a particularly difficult bug. How to get the average of a binary search tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The in person interview lasted one hour and was an on campus interview with one recruiter. He asked two non technical questions and one technical question. Neither were difficult. The interviewer was very friendly and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to compute the average of a binary search tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National Instruments (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I talked to the recruiter on campus and got an interview the same week. It was a fairly short interview with one recruiter who asked about things on the resume and one technical question. The interviewer asked what the most troublesome bug that I had encountered and how I managed to debug it. (S)He asked me to go into greater detail than expected. (S)He also asked me to create a class to represent a deck of cards and how I would implement a shuffle function for it.

Engineering Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process itself was very rigorous. You spend an entire work day (8am-5pm) at the National Instruments building, listening to presentations and getting interviewed. There are a total of 5 interviews along with a 10 minute technical presentation that you must give. Although the interview process is long, NI is very accommodating and the interviewers are all very nice. Overall it was a tiring but pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions involved signal processing and image processing   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National Instruments (Lubbock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Scheduled interview after job fare had interview on next day it was 1hour interview behavioural and technical both questions were asked overall interviewer was very kind and was very enthusiastic .

Applications (ELP) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

First round interview was at school campus. A few behavioral and technical questions. Second round was at Austin, TX. Five half hour interviews in one day, and a 10 minute technical presentation on a topic of your choosing. Software/Hardware and some departmental interviews. Response time was very quick, but not a lot of time given to prepare for interviews before. Everyone I interviewed with was extremely kind and casual.

Interview Questions

• What components would you need to set up an air conditioner, and how would you do so? Note: They were pretty good at helping think through the problem and explaining things if you didn't know. I didn't know 100% of the answer.   Answer Question

ELP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

After talking to recruiter at a job fair, they contacted me that night to set up an interview on campus the next day. Interview questions were standard and asked one technical question about monitoring temperature in a vat of chocolate. They asked me what times I can come the next day if I made it to the next rounds of interview. Got a call that night saying I made it through. Second interview was similar to the first but with two interviewers instead of one. They asked similar behavioral and technical questions. This one asked two ways to find a missing number in an array between 1-100. Once the interview was finished I was told I'd get an email the next few weeks on whether I made it or not. 2 weeks later I got the final onsite interview and in the process of flying out to Austin.

Interview Questions

• One technical question about monitoring temperature in a vat of chocolate another was two ways to find a missing number in an array between 1-100.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I met the company at the Texas Tech career fair. I was schedule for an interview the next day on campus. I was told that they would contact me within the next week. I received a call almost a week later stating they wanted to send me to Austin for the second round of interviews. In Austin, we met the team, the company, and the city.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the Internet to someone that doesn't know what it is?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to sacrifice something for the better of the team.   Answer Question
    • Database Diagram for a movie rental store.   Answer Question

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Instruments (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

i applied to them on career fair and next evening got a call from them for the next day interview. Also was told that it would be about digital logic design. Interview had a mix of behavioral questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Random pattern generation and switching in between   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

It is simple. First there was a telephonic interview in which the interviewer had asked me about my resume and skills. I answered them well and the questions were very simple like describe your projects and how did you correct the bug you faced in your project and stuff... Then there was an on site interview where they asked me on flip flops, timing diagrams, delays etc.

Interview Questions

• how is the serial and parallel communication done using fpga with the external devices.   Answer Question