National Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

3.1

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

It has been years ago, and they was really no detailed interviews as the company was on a hiring spree. They were looking for people who had worked at other companies and not straight out of school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, it was you take it or leave it.

Interview

Grueling! At least 5 interviews. How many people does it take to make a decision? I felt like I was being interviewed for CEO. It seemed the purpose of the technical interviews (yes.. plural) was to impress me with their superior knowledge.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National Instruments (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Talked to Bryan in person and was asked for an interview. Little warning: summer internship starts in may so maybe have to take a quarter off to take internship. They are based in Tucson, Texas

Interview Questions

• How do you Convert from Digital to Analog?   Answer Question
    • Find the missing number in an unsorted array of size 99 of numbers 0 - 100.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Campus interview. Submit resume during the career fair. Get contacted for campus interview in two weeks.Then, interviewed with different engineers and questions are varied type from HW to SW.

Interview Questions

• Ask questions ranging from resume projects to basic circuit design MOS, embedded system, memory, computer architecture, interrupt design, state diagram, and Java coding.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Initially gave them my resume at a university career fair. I was asked to interview with them on campus that Friday. Second time I had interviewed with them and they asked the same questions as the first time. Neither time did they hire me. I thought I had done well in the interview, especially the second time, but there must have been a better candidate.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was 2 on 1. They had drinks and snacks to offer. The interview was lead by the manager engineer and another engineer. It was divided into 3 parts. The first was mainly to get to know each other at a personal/professional level. The next portion of the interview were questions about experience related to work and also behavioral questions. The last part was mainly an exam where they evaluated your knowledge and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

It was a on-campus interview and the questions revolved about data structures like binary tree and linked list. Some of the questions are:
    1) How will search in a binary tree. I was told to write a code for this.
    2) How will you design an algorithm to implement the shuffle concept in ipod? - Tell about the seed and random concept to explain the second question.

Interview Questions

• How will you design an algorithm to implement the shuffle concept in ipod?   Answer Question

Digital Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Single on campus interview.
    Talked about school project majority of the time (approximately 30 minutes).
    My project was a measurement system, which is related to NI.
    Asked 3 HR questions.
    1 technical design question.
    Overall, basic interview to assess technical level and knowledge of previous projects.

Interview Questions

• Black Box 1 clock 1 input, 3 outputs RGB
      design circuit inside

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, internship

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I applied online a few days before my university's career fair. I was emailed for an interview a couple of days later. The person who canteacted my said the interview would less on higher-level programming and more on lower-level/embedded/vhdl/etc, based on what I had on my resume. However, when I had the interview, everything I was asked had to do with higher-level stuff. I got one behavioral question about debugging a project I worked on, and one tech question on binary trees.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to find the average of all values stored in a given binary tree.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter and dropped my resume at University career fair. Got an interview at night.
    During the interview, I was asked some behavioral questions and then we jump into a code question.

Interview Questions

• Wrote a class to represent a card deck. Write a function to shuffle a deck of cards to random order? What's the most efficient data structure?   Answer Question