National Instruments

National Instruments Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in April 2012.

Received interview call after the career fair in Feb. First on-capmus interview in March 1 week, plant visit during last week of March and offer in April 3rd week. Plant visit was an amazing experience.

Interview Questions
  • If you were to feature on a magazine's cover page which would it be? And what will be the head line?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in March 2012.

I met NI through a career fair. A couple weeks later, we were asked to join in on a 1:1 campus interview. After selections were made, we were then asked to attend an on-site interview that lasted for a day.

Interview Questions
    • Name a project that you were in charge of, what went wrong, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments in March 2012.

First stage of the interview was an on-site programming test and behavioral interview.

2nd round was an all day event. You get to tour their campus, meet some managers, and attend scheduled interviews. There were a total of three. They ranged from behavioral to technical. Overall a very fast-paced day. That night the team will take you out to dinner and a fun event on the town.

Interview Questions
    • An ERD question involving relationship only to itself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments in February 2012.

NI came to our career fair. I turned in my resume and talked with the people. A week later I got a phone call to schedule an on campus interview.
    First we had a technical test with 30 multiple choices. Several people took the test together. It was an hour. Then I left and came back at the scheduled time for the interview. It was an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavior questions. One or two database design questions. Not too hard.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Debrecen (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Debrecen (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at National Instruments.

After 2 months, I got a call to have an english language test. Few days later, I was told to take a programmer test that took 1 hour. Not very hard, but have to keep the pace (1-2 minutes / questions).

2 weeks later I had a personal interview with a HR and with two person related to the field I applied. The questions covered the SQL, and programming basics, and it took an hour.

Interview Questions
    • I had to make a database scheme on a whiteboard then describe the details to the interviewers.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batu Maung (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batu Maung (Malaysia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at National Instruments in December 2012.

Resume filter, phone interview, on site interview, technical question ...

Programmer Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in February 2011.

First phone screening for about 30 mins, if the command of English, some technical skills and confidence is there, then the onsite interviews follows ; Personality and Skill tests. If you're the one targeted they will arrange a lunch/dinner with candidates to gauge how is the behavior outside the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time where you had to invent/create a solution and how did you go about it?   View Answer

Their method of hiring is based on skillset and personality, not interests or strengths

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in December 2010.

Professional, courteous and informative. Looks for a cultural fit to the company in terms of attitude, mindset and intelligence.

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in March 2009.

The recruiter worked quickly to get me set up for an interview. The first phone interview was behavioral with some pseudo-technical questions thrown in. Although my second interview had a scheduling snafu, it went fairly well. It was technical in nature.

After the second interview, I went to Austin to have two more interviews, plus a written exam. The culture there was amazing, and the people made sure I had everything I may have needed. Everybody was friendly and exude a sense of intelligence. The recruiter did a fantastic job of helping me out as well, giving me heads up and also selling me on how NI does business.

After all this, I was extended a verbal offer. I accepted immediately, and the recruiter informed me that I should be receiving the offer letter early the following week. Early the following week the letter never came. He called me and explained what happened and told me he would call me with a status update in a couple of days. When he finally called, he told me that Friday would be the day, and he would call me. He never did. I tried to reach him and never could until I contacted someone at NI. Finally two weeks after I verbally accepted the job offer, I was told that the offer was put on hold due to budget constraints.

The interviewing process went beautifully. However, I don't have a good feeling about the whole process because of how the offer was handled. If you get a job offer, please make sure to get it in writing before doing anything.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a website that links buyers and sellers of autos?   Answer Question