National Instruments

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments.

Initially gave them my resume at a university career fair. I was asked to interview with them on campus that Friday. Second time I had interviewed with them and they asked the same questions as the first time. Neither time did they hire me. I thought I had done well in the interview, especially the second time, but there must have been a better candidate.

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at National Instruments in October 2014.

Very easy, the people are really nice. They really love to work there, they gives you your personal host . As usual they give you 3 interview each last 1 hour

Only 65k before tax salary

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Instruments in October 2014.

applied at career fair, interviewed on campus. The interviewers were really nice and made me feel started off with behavioural questions and then basic technical questions on trees and linked lists

Software Engineer Interview

I went to the job fair and talked with one of the recruiters. He handed me a sheet to apply online and I applied. I was called in for in an interview. I was asked technical questions and a little bit of behavioral questions as well. The interviewer was nice and it was a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me how I would shuffle a deck of cards in C++. THen he asked me how I would reverse a linked list.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at National Instruments in September 2014.

I got the interview on campus, The recuriter is very nice, during the interview, he asked some behavior questions and very standard data structure question about tree, no design question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Instruments in September 2014.

I met them at a career fair. After submitting my resume in person and online, they called and said I got an interview. I got a 1 to 1 interview at my school. I got asked one technical question and a bunch of stuff about my resume

Interview Questions
    • How to find the average number in a binary search tree   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Process took approximately 3 weeks. I applied online through the career portal. Got an email scheduling interview in 3 weeks. The Interview lasted 1 hour, some HR and 2 technical questions. Technical questions are mostly similar to what has already been mentioned on this site. Behavioral and HR questions were common.

Interview Questions
    • The interview exceeded the time mentioned in the email.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Instruments.

I met a recruiter at a career fair. The next day I was given an interview with them. The interview was pretty straight forward. There were no behavioral questions for me. There was one "tell us about a nasty bug and how you debugged it" question.

Interview Questions
    • They also asked to find the average of a Binary Search Tree   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The entire process took about three weeks. I first spoke with them at the career fair, then had to fill out an online application. Within a week, I was informed that I was selected for an interview that would take place the following week. About a week after that, I was contacted with the results of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Compute the average value of a binary tree.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a bug you've encountered and the process you went through to fix it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

On campus interview followed by onsite interview