National Instruments

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Software Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Instruments in May 2011.

Met with three different teams during the interview process, all of which were from R&D. The first one was a one-on-one interview; the last two interviews were group interviews (2 people each). They asked numerous behavior questions, process questions, and resume related questions. There were very few technical questions—really only what was covered by my resume. Everyone was extremely professional and polite. As I was walking out to leave, someone caught me and said that a section manager wanted to follow up before I left. It was very informal—just a chat.

Interview Questions
  • None. There were no difficult questions, at least not if you've prepared and can explain situations from past jobs, as well as specifying the outcome of from the action you took.   Answer Question
Expressed my concerns and reservations with more than one manager involved in the process. All concerns were handled well. Even after starting the job, there was one item we had agreed upon verbally, and I missed it in the revised offer letter. Fortunately, the person handling the process remembered that verbal agreement and ensured that it was honored.