National Kidney Foundation Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Kidney Foundation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Asked me about my schooling, previous jobs, what I hoped to do in the future, etc. Basically your typical interview- the internship is and will be unpaid but I liked the company a lot so I applied. They rely on their employees a lot in order to organize the events like the 5K run/walk and NKF gala they set up in March. There is a heavy emphasis on marketing for the internship, but they said that any business major can be used and trained.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation in April 2015.

Interview

There was one phone interview followed by an in-person interview. They were very good about getting back to me in a timely manner with their decision. The in-person interview was easier than the first phone interview because they asked situational questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions like "why do you feel this is a good position for you" and they gave situations and asked how you would respond to them.   Answer Question

National Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Sherman Oaks, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

One interview on phone with HR person-went well. She asked good questions. Second phone interview with two people in the national office. Thought it went well too. They seemed interested as my experience fit this job description perfectly. Had done a similar job before. Then interviewed in person in Sherman Oaks office. Thought that one also went well. There were hints as to how much I needed to give my job.... They were going to wrap up this up quickly... I sent a thank you email ...Then silence until I emailed the HR person days later to find out and was told via email the job was given to someone else who best fit the qualifications. Good luck! Not an easy task and I did fit the qualifications, maybe overqualified. It would be nice to be treated with decency and get back to the person.

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I received a phone call within a few weeks of submitting my application via email. I had a brief phone interview, then one in-person interview. I was offered the position within two weeks of the phone interview. No standard interview questions were asked, aside from "tell me about yourself." The focus of the interview was the job functions and how I would handle various situations related to the position.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

Several interviews, training with current manager

Negotiation

1 week

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Kidney Foundation (Sherman Oaks, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Wow, was I disappointed. I studied and prepared for weeks and the interviewer was so unprepared. She actually thought it was our second interview (it was our first). She kept referring to our phone interview and I had to let her know we never had a phone interview. The recruiter told me they had already interviewed 7 candidates for this position and they couldn't find the right fit. Hmmm.... The interviewer said she just wanted me to ask her questions...sorry that is just stupid and I can certainly see why this position was open for so many months.