National Life Group Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montpelier, VT
    Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at National Life Group in March 2014.

There was only one round of interview with two ladies from the actuarial department. Questions were quite basic and involved mostly behavior questions and going through my resume. It lasted around 30 mins and I had plenty of time to ask questions about their internship program. I prepared a lot of questions in advance and did thorough research on the company, so I guessed I managed to impress my interviewers.

Received a better offer

Management Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at National Life Group.

I thought I was applying for a management position but instead it turned out to be a sales position. I was not looking for a sales position so I declined the offer. I wish they were more direct with what the job entails before the interview process. They seemed a little bit desperate to hire sales people.

Intern Interview

The interview was in the cafeteria, and was a group event. One or two managers were at each table to interview you, and if you had multiple interviews, you just changed tables. I liked the format, because it made it seem much more relaxed and social.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montpelier, VT
    Anonymous Employee in Montpelier, VT

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at National Life Group in January 2008.

Interview team was about 15 minutes late. I guess they returned late from lunch as my interview was at 1:00pm. I was glad that I had worn a suit.

Be prepared for one off the wall question at the end of the interview-What one word would your husband use to describe you? --REALLY??

Interview Questions
    • What one word would your husband use to describe you?   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at National Life Group.

3 different interview days consisting of multiple 45 min interviews.

very little negotiation.

Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at National Life Group.

Phone interview, skype interview, and then marathon with 4-8 people.

Interview Questions
    • Easy interview. As an expert in my field, I knew more than anyone on the panel.   Answer Question
    NLG apologizes for being in Vermont and will overpay. Use that to your advantage.

Worked for National Life Group? Contribute to the Community!