National MS Society Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National MS Society in December 2014.

Interview

After turning in my resume, cover letter, and references I got a response within two days or so. They scheduled a phone interview with me that took about 30 minutes, said it was going to be a simple conversation but ended up being more like a real interview. Regardless, not that difficult. I was asked basic behavioral questions such as "tell me about how you work with a team and a time when your team failed.." Asked what I wanted out of the internship and what I thought I would bring to the team. Lady was very nice and friendly, passionate about her job. Next day was emailed to set up an interview which was a week later. In person was much easier, just asked about what I looked for in a team, what I looked for in a leader, and I was asked about a time I had to solve a difficult problem. Everyone seemed very excited about the organization and their work, and emphasized how fun and rewarding the work is. Got called the next day and was offered the internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unpaid position

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National MS Society (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a quick one step process. the interviewers were nice and friendly. The length of the interview was 15 minutes. they were really interested in my work, the response time for their decision was quick and professional.

Interview Questions

• Explain the hardest part of one your projects in your portfolio.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National MS Society in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website, and was contacted via email by the director about two weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly informal, and very pleasant. They were supposed to email me later that day to set up the in person interview, but after two days, I had to follow-up with a "thank you" and "did I miss something?" That day they replied with a meeting time for the following week to interview in person. The HR Director and Director of Community Relations for this region were in the office for the interview, and the Director's supervisor and a peer (someone doing this job) from another region were on the conference call. I was asked to prepare a 3-5 minute recruitment presentation (no visuals required) for the group prior to the interview. It could be over my current organization or cover the MS Society.

Interview Questions

• Can you fire a volunteer? (this is not a yes, no question) How would you handle a difficult volunteer? How do you handle conflict? What type of relationship do you like to have with your manager? Have you ever done a walk or ride for any organization? How do you go about keeping volunteers connected during an "off season?"   1 Answer

Programs and Services Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National MS Society.

Interview

Very straight forward phone interview because I was out of state at the time. More conversational.

Interview Questions

• They asked behavioral questions to figure out how I would react to certain situations.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward, but something about the whole experience struck me as bit shady. I asked about the company culture and the work environment and the interviewer seemed reluctant to answer. I asked why the position was open and the interviewer told me that the former manager had burned out. I asked if this was due to poor fit or the workload. I never received a clear answer.

Human Resources/Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National MS Society (New York, NY).

Interview

4 seperate interviews; different people on different days. Everyone was very friendly, the place had a real 'family' feel to it.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain why you have so many items on your credit report?   Answer Question

Volunteer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National MS Society (Charleston, WV) in October 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume & cover letter via email Organization called to set up interview 1:1 interview with HR Manager & Organization CEO Tour of facility No follow up letter or phone call I called a few days later and talked with HR Manager to find out position had been filled

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National MS Society (Maitland, FL) in January 2008.

Interview

Hiring is done directly by the Chapter. There are about 2 interviews. One with your supervisor and one with the President.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions and questions about past fundraising experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer is given in a letter. We met in the middle.

Public Relations Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National MS Society in September 2009.

Interview

I met in a room with one other person. This was a one interview process and I was given the job on the spot after my interview. The questions were your basic interview questions. The interviewer acted like her job was very hectic, which almost turned me away from the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you experienced with others in the workplace and how you responded to it.   Answer Question
    • What are you most proud of from your last position?   Answer Question