National Marrow Donor Program

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Donor Contact Representative III Interview

Donor Contact Representative III

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program.

Interview Details – I went through two interviews. One was a phone screen with the recruiter. The next was with the hiring manager at the center. The hiring manager let me know they would get back to me in a week, but the next day the recruiter called me to give me an offer. No real room for negotiations. Interview questions were pretty basic. Tell me about a time you had to deal with difficult person and how did you handle the situation.

Interview Question – Review you resume because most likely you will be asked how your experience can contribute to the role you applied too.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program in May 2012.

Interview Details – There is a phone screen which isn't so bad hr is actually OK. Do not work for Mary de foe David Allen is a good person to work for expect around four ppl to interview you and negotiate your salary well,make it clear what they want from you're what your expectation are as they changed it for me later and I remained unaware and underpaid . Do your research of their organization structure as you may be very well be made lead as soon as you're hired

Interview Question – No different than other companies   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple but I wasn't given what I asked . They undercut me by. 3k. Get at least 72000

Administrative Specialist Interview

Administrative Specialist
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program in April 2012.

Interview Details – The NMDP uses "behavior-based" interview questions. It's normal to interview with more than one person in the room - for example, an HR rep, the hiring manager, and a team lead or co-worker. The people interviewing will have been given a multi-page sheet of sample questions, which they read off in turn. Questions will typically be multi-part questions. An example: Tell us about a time when you did (blank). (Maybe, managed a project from start to finish; or maybe, had a disagreement with a colleague.) The main question will be followed by more specifics: What was the situation? Who did you talk to? What was the end result? These types of interview questions rely on the principle that past behavior on the job is is the best predictor of future behavior. Try to be specific in your answers. Even if it's something that happens all the time, you'll be asked to pick one illustrative example to talk about. Don't get hung up on answering all the multiple parts, in order. The questions are not meant to be a memory test - they are meant to get you talking about yourself and your approach to your work. Be honest in your answers. If you, for example, tend to avoid conflict or smooth over awkward situations, that's real for you. If, however, you normally face a conflict head-on, then let them know that. Maybe they're looking for a "smoother," or maybe they're looking for "honesty," but either way, if you're not yourself, then both you and the NMDP will be unhappy with the hire decision.

Interview Question – Have you had to convince your team to work on a project they weren't thrilled about? How did you do it?   Answer Question

General Occupation Interview

General Occupation

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program in December 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview consisted of very precise questions pertaining to the full scope of my entire career. 1st interview with senior staff consisted of being asked very specific questions pertaining to my craft and work methods. 2nd interview consisted of hearing my recommendations on their current pieces, new concepts and an abundance of personality questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason you gravitated toward each job you ever had and what was the reason for leaving?   Answer Question
  • What type of employees do you prefer working with?   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Administrative Specialist

The process took a day - interviewed at National Marrow Donor Program in November 2009.

Interview Details – Easy to connect with, HR department very accomodating and open. Questions answered thoroughly and in a timely manner. Some glitches with scheduling interview, but were resolved quickly. Have general knowledge of healthcare field, nonprofit sector, etc. People very caring and easy to get along with. Some general tension between employees and officers.

Interview Question – How are your excel skills?   Answer Question

Worked for National Marrow Donor Program? Contribute to the Community!