National Money Mart Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2014
Updated Jun 20, 2014

2.2

FCSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Money Mart in March 2014.

i was a referral, got the interview. it was pretty simple, not much questions about past experience and qualifications.was 1-1 for about 30 min then we were joined but another person..was more of a discussion than an interview

Interview Questions
    • most of the interview was spent on what i will be doing after university...thought it was really weird since i didnt need a degree to work there   Answer Question
    none

Collector Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at National Money Mart in March 2014.

Had one interview with the trainer and Collections Manager took about a month to hear about the position and training dates. The interview was about 15 minutes long. Went over pasted employment and the skills you will brings to the position.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions a lot of questions on how you deal with very upset customers and how you feel about customers yelling at you and how you will reach your targets.   Answer Question
    They sent me a email with my job offer and I started a month later.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

There are three levels in this process. First will be a Phone interview, which is behavourial, you will be given situations about how you will react or handle those, some sale strategies, etc. Second is a group interview where you will meet about 14-15 candidates , you will be given group activities & discussions - key to this would be to co operate and participate. Last and final is a one on one interview with the hiring manager where you might be asked to do some simple add subtract maths questions. Before this third interview they might invite you to provide references and background check consent. Whole Procedure usually takes about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview in my opinion was the biggest surprise. But it ended up to be an interesting interaction.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but yes you can initiate some negotiation.

Branch Manager Interview

Long Interview Process - 3 meetings

Interview Questions
    • ask them what you want to know... be prepared to know what you want.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Money Mart in October 2013.

I applied in person and online

Interview Questions
    • PHONE INTERVIEW; very easy questions about your work history.
      - What was your title and what did you do?
      -What did you like most about the job?
      -What do you know about Money Mart?
      -Have you ever lied before?

GROUP INTERVIEW; play a bunch of game
      - introduce yourself
      - pick an item out of a box and your group has to come up with 5 reasons to sell it.
      - build a bridge with your team mate using only paper and paper clips in 8 minutes. Has to be able to hold 2 cell phones

after this they will tell you that you will get a call a week later for a 3rd interview if you are short listed
        Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at National Money Mart in October 2013.

phone interview for basic behavior question and customer service question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at National Money Mart in October 2013.

I have phone interview around 10 minutes. Those interview questions were based on my resume, so they are easy to answer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Money Mart.

Went to a MM location and handed in my resume. About a week later, I recieved a phone call from their Branch Manager for an in-person interview, which was later that week. The District Manager and Branch Manager interviewed me at a local coffee shop and asked very basic questions--nothing that got my tongue.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions--eg. What would you do if an irate customer walked into your branch? etc.   Answer Question
    They told me the rate of pay, which was $10/hour, and I accepted. I was to work part time as I was a university student. They had me start a couple of weeks later. I trained at the Langley MM location for a couple of weeks full-time, and then they transferred me to the location near my home. There was also one week of full time training at one of their Vancouver MM locations, which to be honest, was kinda ghetto and unprofessional. Dirty area, old room, etc.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at National Money Mart in September 2013.

First phone interview then the branch manager and district manager,the interview mostly about your experience as csr.

Interview Questions
    • i have given 3 pages of math question mostly percentage   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at National Money Mart.

NMM is constantly looking for staff, so getting an initial interview is not hard.

They look for 'the best and brightest' which means quite a few people are winnowed out early. They are switching to group interviews as of 2011, in order to get more candidates quickly.

It used to be that managers had the final say for hiring, but new policies mean that DM's have final say on hiring, usually. Managers have to be approved all the way up to the provincial level, so that the head of the BC market gets to OK future managers that are being considered.

The process itself is fairly painless once you are selected, as they want to get you into training as quickly as possible. They train you for about a month as a teller, then put you on the front lines quickly, to sink or swim - the chronic understaffing means that new staff are usually working alone after about six weeks. This means they are ALWAYS calling senior staff or managers for help / advice, which really cuts into the work / life balance 24/7. It's awful.

Interview Questions
    • Questions during the interviews are fairly basic, but they do give you a 'cash-handling' test that ensures you can balance the store and your till without too much effort.

Managers have a range of questions they can choose to ask during the initial screening process and there are other sets of questions that DM's have to ask in the second interview. Most are focused on finding out of the candidates are able to think for themselves and handle stressful situations, which they will encounter daily at their job.
        Answer Question
    Don't expect a big wage to start out with; push for all you can get, as raises are VERY MINIMAL, up to 5% each year max. But most people get 25 cents a year at the retail end. It's sad and insulting, especially when you are told even after a GOOD annual review that you 'only' qualify for 3% of a lackluster starting wage increase.