National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Very Easy Interview

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Information Technology Specialist
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration in February 2010.

Interview Details – Friend referred me to job opening

Interview Question – You come in to work and are faced with the following: Data call, backup failure, director has an email issue, and a new employee is starting and needs a new computer. What do you do first?   Answer Question

Mission Support Spoecialist Interview

Mission Support Spoecialist
Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration.

Interview Details – usajobs.gov

Interview Question – Technical questions during interview about processes uses by organization that I was unfamiliar with in the format they used.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received Letter of Offer with contact info and timeline to respond by

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration in May 2009.

Interview Details – Easy hiring process was asked to present and spent two days meeting with various staff members. From there the contracting company called to offer the position.

Interview Question – Some areas of research was not something I had done before, but they were willing to train me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After the offer was presented I asked for a better one. The second offer was 3% higher and I accepted that one.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Interview Details – On campus recruiting, I submitted an application and was accepted after a brief interview.

Interview Question – Describe why, given previous research experience, you are best suited for fishery-related research?   Answer Question

Outreach Interview

Outreach
Galveston, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration in March 2009.

Interview Details – It didn't seem like they knew exactly what they were looking for. The questions were not consistent. There was a request for a report to submit after the interview. They never let me know how I did.

Interview Question – What is your experience in this field?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Economist Interview

Economist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration in February 2011.

Interview Details – Made it to the "final six or seven" and was phone interviewed by a hiring company not within NOAA. She filled in a form based on my answers and sent it to them. The questions replicated the job description exactly, so nothing was unexpected.

Interview Question – None were unexpected -- i.e., do you have experience in valuation? (That was in the job description)   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration in February 2009.

Interview Details – The process was rather slow at the get-go. I sent my resume and did not receive any feedback for two weeks. Once I was contacted an initial phone interview was conducted and a few days later a request for a one on one interview was sent to me. I met for that interview which was a basic fill-in on the job duties and my previous experience. I was also asked a number of questions which were geared toward judging my work ethic and work style. I was also introduced to all of the lab members after this point, I assume to get a handle on how my personality would mesh with co-workers. I was then offered the job at a second in person interview which contained a panel of Principle Investigators. It took only a few days to fill in all the appropriate paperwork and go through the necessary background checks.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous work experience benefit from working in this institution?   Answer Question
  • How do you expect to further our research goals? Which project would you expand and in what direction?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my salary and my work hours. The staff was very flexible with both of those points. Make sure that you know what range of compensation you are looking for and be sure to apply to the according type of job as many positions here are based on salary range and you will not get a higher salary for a position that is viewed as lower than that cap.

Worked for National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration? Contribute to the Community!