National Oilwell Varco

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Service Technician

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter from HR after online application. Process took about a month. Had two interviews,phone and onsite technical interview. Took an online skills test then at the onsite interview was asked to take another test. Pretty basic stuff.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult,it was all stuff you should be familiar with if you have an engineering degree. I was a little over qualified for the position (I have a masters).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple,straight forward and direct.

Very Easy Interview

Kilgore, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1.) Went to the nearest facility, and filled out an application.
2.) Got a call back from a manager when they were finally hiring.
3.) Was interviewed within a few days of the call back.
4.) After background check and urine test cleared I was hired within a few weeks.

Interview Question – No difficult answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation just a base starting rate.

Field Service Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in October 2011.

Interview Details – They sent me a test online to take first. Then I had a phone interview. I then had a group interview with four people. I also had to take a skills tell on the date of the interview. The interview went well and then I was given a tour of the facility and was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Question – Could I handle the travel requirements.   View Answer

Worked for National Oilwell Varco? Contribute to the Community!