National Oilwell Varco

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview Details – I had a family friend who knew someone very high up in the company. After a brief email correspondence with this very-high-up person, I sent them my resume. He forwarded it to other directors, who passed it down and it ended up on the desk of my supervisor-to-be. He needed an intern for the summer, and I was the first he called.

Interview Question – How are you the most qualified candidate for this position?   Answer Question

College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2013.

Interview Details – -Applied through university recruiting website
-Received call to schedule skype interview
-Went to company informational
-Interviewed and received call next week asking me to schedule second interview with the manager I would be working with
-Second interview was more informal. Just a discussion about what I have done and my experience and what I would be doing on the internship
-Given offer a week or so later and declined

Interview Question – How do you feel about working on a team of people who are all older than you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The other offer was more money and NOV does not have a rotational program for graduates. The reviews on GlassDoor also deterred me.

Navasota, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in May 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted HR to see if any internship positions were available. I heard back almost immediately. I was first given a phone interview with the hiring manager. Afterwards, I was invited to come do an on site interview. Both interviews were very relaxed. The questions were mostly about my skills and experience. Within a day or two of the on site interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Oilwell Varco

Worked for National Oilwell Varco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Oilwell Varco Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Oilwell Varco employees and interview candidates.