National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Intern Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

I had a family friend who knew someone very high up in the company. After a brief email correspondence with this very-high-up person, I sent them my resume. He forwarded it to other directors, who passed it down and it ended up on the desk of my supervisor-to-be. He needed an intern for the summer, and I was the first he called.

Interview Questions
  • How are you the most qualified candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2013.

-Applied through university recruiting website
    -Received call to schedule skype interview
    -Went to company informational
    -Interviewed and received call next week asking me to schedule second interview with the manager I would be working with
    -Second interview was more informal. Just a discussion about what I have done and my experience and what I would be doing on the internship
    -Given offer a week or so later and declined

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working on a team of people who are all older than you?   Answer Question

The other offer was more money and NOV does not have a rotational program for graduates. The reviews on GlassDoor also deterred me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Navasota, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Navasota, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in May 2011.

Contacted HR to see if any internship positions were available. I heard back almost immediately. I was first given a phone interview with the hiring manager. Afterwards, I was invited to come do an on site interview. Both interviews were very relaxed. The questions were mostly about my skills and experience. Within a day or two of the on site interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly difficult questions.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.