National Oilwell Varco Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015
Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.6

IT Next Generation Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Had initial phone call. There were two people on speaker. Asked mostly behavioral questions, and asked about current projects and what I was interested in. I was then contacted by email by the end of the week for second rounds. They put us in a hotel where we were given an itinerary for the night and following day. First night, social with current Next Gens. Following day tour of facilities, group activities, 2 interviews, and a dinner with upper management that was really nice. HR is great at this company! And the company atmosphere is very welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project that you failed at, what would you have done differently ?   Answer Question

I/E Tech Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Walked in and did interview with HR and Department Manager they asked a series of question in regards to the position in which i was applying for. Also I had to take a written test onsite. Plant tour afterwards.

Supply Chain Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

The interview process was very casual. I interviewed with one manager and one director. They asked behavioral questions. Both were very friendly. Be sure to ask informative questions after the interview. I wrote down a list of questions; they were really impressed. I had a walk through tour of the facility and was introduced to a few employees. Be sure to have a firm hand shake.

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Very intense 2 day interview process. Exhausting but fun. Only 2 actual interviews but really the whole thing is an interview. There is a huge emphasis on social interactions so make sure you talk to everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a hard time putting your ideas into words.   Answer Question

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Was selected for a phone interview after I gave my resume to a recruiter at our career fair. Was asked mostly behavior questions during that time. About two weeks later I was selected for the second and final interview process, where they flew me to Houston. Most of the interview reviews listed below are the exact process: Dinner the first night, be very social then a facility tour with 2 interviews (one on one) asking situational and just general questions. And then a final dinner with higher management as well as execs. Make sure you are friendly to everyone, no matter who it is. Everything is a test it almost feels like but everyone is very friendly, so conversations are not hard to start if you're a social person. Be yourself because you don't want to work for a company that you aren't going to fit into.

Interview Questions
    • -How do you describe being successful?
      -Give me a time where you were shared confidential information and what was the process you followed after receiving such information?

Answer Question
    Theres no negotiation as everyone in your program/major will receive the same salary figure.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Applied via college career gateway for on campus interview. Face to face. Mostly Behavioral interview with one verbal case study. Very relaxed interview with the manager of the team you will work with.

Interview Questions
    • How you would solve a business problem.
      What are your Salary expectations?

View Answer

Field Support Coordinator Interview

Be prepared to answer thought questions. Must be a go getter. Honesty and a good sense of humor helps. ,it's be reliable and she loyalty. Dress we'll and learn about the product they work on. Communication skills is a must.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. What did you do when you had to deal with a boss you didn't like.   Answer Question
    Very easy. They rolled out the red carpet.

Field Tech Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

The recruiter called me to set a mechanical and personality test after-which he said that I would be contacted by him to complete a final phone interview. From there I went to the store and got a one on one interview with the store manager where they put me in the shop to see if I could pick up on what the company was all about.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

After a friend recommended me to his employer, I was asked to drive to the Bridgeport office for an interview. After a brief conversation about my qualifications, they told me that I had the job. I had to come in for a briefing and a physical, but the process was very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • The usual questions, "why do you want to work for this company?" "Why do you feel that you would be a good fit?" "Are you willing to work hard?"   Answer Question
    Fixed rate per hour, $14.50.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Was contacted by a HR rep and had a phone interview. Followed by an on-campus interview in Cedar Park, Texas. The interview was more about what the position was rather than a skills interview.