National Oilwell Varco Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.7

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Bryan, TX).

Interview

HR was super friendly, but interview process needs to be revamped. Interview took place in a room full of people, including an engineer who used his intelligence to belittle while the others laughed. If you are not familiar with the way they specifically do things you are considered an idiot.

Interview Questions

• To draw electrical schematics related to specific pumps that they manufacture   Answer Question

Knot enough money or growth potential

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very intense 2 day interview process. Exhausting but fun. Only 2 actual interviews but really the whole thing is an interview. There is a huge emphasis on social interactions so make sure you talk to everyone!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a hard time putting your ideas into words.   Answer Question

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Was selected for a phone interview after I gave my resume to a recruiter at our career fair. Was asked mostly behavior questions during that time. About two weeks later I was selected for the second and final interview process, where they flew me to Houston. Most of the interview reviews listed below are the exact process: Dinner the first night, be very social then a facility tour with 2 interviews (one on one) asking situational and just general questions. And then a final dinner with higher management as well as execs. Make sure you are friendly to everyone, no matter who it is. Everything is a test it almost feels like but everyone is very friendly, so conversations are not hard to start if you're a social person. Be yourself because you don't want to work for a company that you aren't going to fit into.

Interview Questions

• -How do you describe being successful? -Give me a time where you were shared confidential information and what was the process you followed after receiving such information?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Theres no negotiation as everyone in your program/major will receive the same salary figure.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Applied via college career gateway for on campus interview. Face to face. Mostly Behavioral interview with one verbal case study. Very relaxed interview with the manager of the team you will work with.

Interview Questions

• How you would solve a business problem. What are your Salary expectations?   1 Answer

Field Support Coordinator Interview

Interview

Be prepared to answer thought questions. Must be a go getter. Honesty and a good sense of humor helps. ,it's be reliable and she loyalty. Dress we'll and learn about the product they work on. Communication skills is a must.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do when you had to deal with a boss you didn't like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. They rolled out the red carpet.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Two interview process. First interview was to discuss job role and requirements/responsibilities. Second interview was to discuss specific attributes of the role and related experience. Final process took an extended time to do back ground check, MVR, etc...

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to the position?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

It was long and difficult. Don't expect to prepare for the interview. It was 4 to 1, 4 of them asked me questions. Your next question based on your previous answer. It was a personal behavior test. If they like you, they will hire you.

Field Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

The recruiter called me to set a mechanical and personality test after-which he said that I would be contacted by him to complete a final phone interview. From there I went to the store and got a one on one interview with the store manager where they put me in the shop to see if I could pick up on what the company was all about.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Bridgeport, TX).

Interview

After a friend recommended me to his employer, I was asked to drive to the Bridgeport office for an interview. After a brief conversation about my qualifications, they told me that I had the job. I had to come in for a briefing and a physical, but the process was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions, "why do you want to work for this company?" "Why do you feel that you would be a good fit?" "Are you willing to work hard?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed rate per hour, $14.50.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview

Was contacted by a HR rep and had a phone interview. Followed by an on-campus interview in Cedar Park, Texas. The interview was more about what the position was rather than a skills interview.