National Oilwell Varco Interview Questions

2.6

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

When I was hired on there really was no process. Just talked to the supervisor hiring and he liked me so I was hired.

Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in May 2013.

This was an overall good experience and actually learned allot about the company going
    through it. The hiring manager was very professional and kept me very informed. Approval from
    senior management may take extra time depending on position interviewing for.

Offer was emailed. I accepted

Field Service Engineer Interview

Interviewed for a Service Engineer position I was more than qualified for; but never received response from the company. This company looks to be a giant corporation of many companies with what seems to be great potential; however, things might get lost with the size of the company/

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

It was a 2 interview process

Interview Questions
    I asked for more and they declined

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

The interviewers were very laid back and focused on resume questions instead of the standard books that they typically read off. I was thoroughly impressed with both their professionalism and their attitude.

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2013.

One interview process which was only about 30 minutes long. Was at the location of the job as well.

Interview Questions
    • What's some detailed skills that you have learned in school.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2013.

Applied through NOV careers website. Recruiter contacted me through phone for a face to face interview.first round was a programming written test and then i was interviewed by the Hiring Manager and the Project manager and one on one with the team.
    Most of the questions are from recent experience and on road blocks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2013.

-Applied through university recruiting website
    -Received call to schedule skype interview
    -Went to company informational
    -Interviewed and received call next week asking me to schedule second interview with the manager I would be working with
    -Second interview was more informal. Just a discussion about what I have done and my experience and what I would be doing on the internship
    -Given offer a week or so later and declined

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working on a team of people who are all older than you?   Answer Question

The other offer was more money and NOV does not have a rotational program for graduates. The reviews on GlassDoor also deterred me.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in January 2013.

I received the interview through a family member who knew a recruiter at NOV. The company I interviewed for was actually called FiberSpar, a firm which NOV recently purchased. I found the staff accounting position, applied for it, and then the recruiter forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. He called me within a week and set up a 1:1 in-person interview at FiberSpar's HQ. The interview consisted of several basic behavioral interview questions as well as several technical accounting questions relating to account reconciliations. The hiring manager was very informal and mentioned things which I have never heard another interviewer say, "E.g. I'm not going to ask you stock interview questions because I want to get to know you." Overall I found the experience a neutral one as the recruiter who helped me out was fantastic and very sweet, but the hiring manager never even bothered to call be back and tell me the position had been filled. So I felt slighted in that way, but was very pleased with the positive conduct of the NOV recruiter. Overall this experience was neutral.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? How does your past experience make you a good fit?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in January 2013.

A friend of mine who works at NOV took my resume and circulated through several components of the company. I was contacted with several interested parties, I flew out and interviewed over two days, then flew home. I interviewed and took drug tests and sent in the background check paperwork from where I lived.

Interview Questions
    • None really. It was what I had expected from an interview.   Answer Question
    The hiring manager asked what salary I expected, I made my offer, they sent me a letter offer the next week which i found satisfactory, and accepted the position.