National Oilwell Varco

Employer Engaged

National Oilwell Varco Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interviewer was sick so I waited about an hour to be interviewed by 3 other employees. Started with behavioral questions (interviewer 1), then talked to a really cool dude about working there (interviewer 2), and then talked to a guy who kept asking me to recite specific engineering equations which I hadn't studied in quite a while.

Interview Questions
  • One interviewer asked about specific engineering equations which I was familiar with but hadn't used in quite a while.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Took 1 hr 1:1 interview with 3 people. Average questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in March 2012.

Started with a quick interview on campus. I was told I was selected to attend an interview in Conroe, TX. The night before we had dinner together. The next day we had break and lunch together. There were 2 30 interviews and a plant tour. Interview were pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to make a tough decision.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2012.

Initial contact was made for the interview early in 2012 and the actual interview process came in February. Interview was at the office location to be working at and consisted of multiple one on one interviews. It was a behavioral interview since the background was sufficient for experience level. After the first round of interviews, I was called back in for a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of experience do you have with AutoCAD? On a scale of 1-10, how proficient are you?   View Answer
    The negotiation process was a ball parking for salary, and luckily I ball parked the salary in the right range. There is room for negotiations, but the offer extended was exactly what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in November 2008.

I had two interviews with managers and engineers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a senior engineer that was stuck in his own way of doing things   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in November 2011.

It was a behavioral based interview. The guy taking the interview was very rude and was thinking of himself as a big shot. His behavior was degrading. Although I did not get the job offer but even if they did give me the job offer I would'nt have accepted it.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in May 2010.

The interview was basically a one on one interaction explaining the job and based on the resume.

Interview Questions
    • What is your current research about and what is its application?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.