National Oilwell Varco Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed by Different Engineering Managers, they showed you around the company and they explain you what they are looking on an Engineer and what the expect from future engineers for this company.

Interview Questions

• They asked you about experience on previous jobs.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Two interview process. First interview was to discuss job role and requirements/responsibilities. Second interview was to discuss specific attributes of the role and related experience. Final process took an extended time to do back ground check, MVR, etc...

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to the position?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer was sick so I waited about an hour to be interviewed by 3 other employees. Started with behavioral questions (interviewer 1), then talked to a really cool dude about working there (interviewer 2), and then talked to a guy who kept asking me to recite specific engineering equations which I hadn't studied in quite a while.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked about specific engineering equations which I was familiar with but hadn't used in quite a while.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Orange, CA).

Interview

Took 1 hr 1:1 interview with 3 people. Average questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Conroe, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Started with a quick interview on campus. I was told I was selected to attend an interview in Conroe, TX. The night before we had dinner together. The next day we had break and lunch together. There were 2 30 interviews and a plant tour. Interview were pretty easy

Interview Questions

• When have you had to make a tough decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was made for the interview early in 2012 and the actual interview process came in February. Interview was at the office location to be working at and consisted of multiple one on one interviews. It was a behavioral interview since the background was sufficient for experience level. After the first round of interviews, I was called back in for a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with AutoCAD? On a scale of 1-10, how proficient are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was a ball parking for salary, and luckily I ball parked the salary in the right range. There is room for negotiations, but the offer extended was exactly what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Austin, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

I had two interviews with managers and engineers.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a senior engineer that was stuck in his own way of doing things   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

Semi formal style interview. Not stressful in any way. Manager was friendly and took time to explain what the role and responsibilities were. Also lots of info on the company culture. Was more like a chat than an interview but I understood I was constantly under scrutiny. Got the offer within 2 days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Example of engineering analysis done in previous job.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

It was a behavioral based interview. The guy taking the interview was very rude and was thinking of himself as a big shot. His behavior was degrading. Although I did not get the job offer but even if they did give me the job offer I would'nt have accepted it.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was basically a one on one interaction explaining the job and based on the resume.

Interview Questions

• What is your current research about and what is its application?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.