National Oilwell Varco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Mechanical Engineering
Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco.

Interview Details – Took 1 hr 1:1 interview with 3 people. Average questions.

Interview Question – Any experience related to engineering environment.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in November 2008.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with managers and engineers.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a senior engineer that was stuck in his own way of doing things   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made for the interview early in 2012 and the actual interview process came in February. Interview was at the office location to be working at and consisted of multiple one on one interviews. It was a behavioral interview since the background was sufficient for experience level. After the first round of interviews, I was called back in for a second round of interviews.

Interview Question – What kind of experience do you have with AutoCAD? On a scale of 1-10, how proficient are you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation process was a ball parking for salary, and luckily I ball parked the salary in the right range. There is room for negotiations, but the offer extended was exactly what I was looking for.

Conroe, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in March 2012.

Interview Details – Started with a quick interview on campus. I was told I was selected to attend an interview in Conroe, TX. The night before we had dinner together. The next day we had break and lunch together. There were 2 30 interviews and a plant tour. Interview were pretty easy

Interview Question – When have you had to make a tough decision.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation possible.

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in November 2011.

Interview Details – It was a behavioral based interview. The guy taking the interview was very rude and was thinking of himself as a big shot. His behavior was degrading. Although I did not get the job offer but even if they did give me the job offer I would'nt have accepted it.

Interview Questions

Mechanical Engineer

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was basically a one on one interaction explaining the job and based on the resume.

Interview Question – What is your current research about and what is its application?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Oilwell Varco

Worked for National Oilwell Varco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Oilwell Varco Mechanical Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Oilwell Varco employees and interview candidates.