National Oilwell Varco

1.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Next Gen Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in April 2011.

The interview process was very relaxed and actually very fun. We met for cocktails at the hotel. This is a good opportunity to show your personality. You don't have to drink if you don't want to of course. Afterwards we went out to dinner with a couple of current employees and this allows you to ask questions that you may have about the process or company.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had to make a tough decision as a leader.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco

Next Gen Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in October 2009.

Focus is on leadership, team work, and communication skills. Technical ability is assumed at the on-site interview based on your resume and GPA so it is not the focus. You are put in many group situations and expected to talk and interact well with people. It seems being able to network is a valued skill.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between leadership and management?   View Answer
    • Describe a time you had a team member that wasn't pulling their weight. What did you do?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the salary based on the average salaries from the school and other offers I had received. I recommend negotiating.