National Oilwell Varco

Very Easy Interview

Next Gen Interview

Next Gen
Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very relaxed and actually very fun. We met for cocktails at the hotel. This is a good opportunity to show your personality. You don't have to drink if you don't want to of course. Afterwards we went out to dinner with a couple of current employees and this allows you to ask questions that you may have about the process or company.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to make a tough decision as a leader.   Answer Question

Next Gen Interview

Next Gen
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in October 2009.

Interview Details – Focus is on leadership, team work, and communication skills. Technical ability is assumed at the on-site interview based on your resume and GPA so it is not the focus. You are put in many group situations and expected to talk and interact well with people. It seems being able to network is a valued skill.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between leadership and management?   View Answer
  • Describe a time you had a team member that wasn't pulling their weight. What did you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary based on the average salaries from the school and other offers I had received. I recommend negotiating.

Worked for National Oilwell Varco? Contribute to the Community!