National Oilwell Varco Next Generation Leadership Program Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by four people for an hour. two at a time 30 mins each. First two were general behavioral questions asked by an HR and another employee..
Second half of the interview was by two engineers;one mechanical and an industrial engineer.They asked more detailed questions like good and bad decision ,where do you want to work? salary expectation?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you faced a problem that you couldn't resolve?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Submitted resume through college career services website. Received an email about a month and a half later requesting an interview. Phone interview with two recruiters. Lots of behavioral questions - emphasis on previous leadership roles/situations. Interview seemed like an interrogation. Recruiters seemed friendly but it was difficult to hear one of them.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is the difference between leadership and management?   Answer Question
    • How have you responded to a difficult leadership situation?   Answer Question

Next Generation Leadership Program Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2010.

Interview

I had applied for NOV through my University career website. I was invited for an interview which last for 1 hour. The interview consisted two half an hour rounds. In first round there were two interviewers who asked behavioral questions which last 30 mins and in second round other two interviewers asked me general questions.