Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at National Oilwell Varco
- Next Gen Rotational Program (15)
- NEXT GENERATION PROGRAM (7)
- Mechanical Engineer (6)
- Engineering (4)
- Field Service Technician (4)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Inside Sales Representative (3)
- Intern (3)
- Next Generation Leadership Program (3)
- Design Engineer (3)
- Mechanical Design Engineer (2)
- Buyer (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Electrical Engineer (2)
- Accountant (2)
- Next Gen (2)
- Interviw was for multiple positions in manufacturing control and facility Management (1)
- Mechanical Design Engineer I (1)
- B2B Representative (1)
- Next Generation Leadership (1)
- BIT/Next Generation Program (1)
- BIT (1)
- Applications Developer II (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Supply Chain Coordinator (1)
- File Clerk (1)
- International Sales (1)
- Service Engineer (1)
- Service Tech (1)
- QA Tester (1)
Next Generation Leadership Program Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in October 2012.
I was interviewed by four people for an hour. two at a time 30 mins each. First two were general behavioral questions asked by an HR and another employee..
Second half of the interview was by two engineers;one mechanical and an industrial engineer.They asked more detailed questions like good and bad decision ,where do you want to work? salary expectation?
- Tell me a situation where you faced a problem that you couldn't resolve? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for National Oilwell Varco
Next Generation Leadership Program InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco (Houston, TX) in April 2009.
Submitted resume through college career services website. Received an email about a month and a half later requesting an interview. Phone interview with two recruiters. Lots of behavioral questions - emphasis on previous leadership roles/situations. Interview seemed like an interrogation. Recruiters seemed friendly but it was difficult to hear one of them.
Next Generation Leadership Program InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at National Oilwell Varco in February 2010.
I had applied for NOV through my University career website. I was invited for an interview which last for 1 hour. The interview consisted two half an hour rounds. In first round there were two interviewers who asked behavioral questions which last 30 mins and in second round other two interviewers asked me general questions.
- Tell me about your self Answer Question
- What would you do if one of your team member is not supporting your work? Answer Question
- How would you define management and leadership? Answer Question
- Why would you like o work for us? Answer Question
- What do you know about NOV? Are you familiar with any of our product line? Answer Question