National Research Council Canada Interview Questions

4.0

Research Associate Interview

It can be a long process. First you should go to their web site and find a "sponsor." There will be research descriptions for available sponsors. DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST. Pick one that will be a good mutally fit. The work should sound interesting to you and your skills should align with thier goals. Next, contact the sponsor and if they have mutual interest you put together a proposal. The proposal is then graded and if you get a high enough score you are selected.

Interview Questions
    • The proposal review is a blind review. It is hard to predict what will get a good or bad score, but be sure that everything is in the proper format.   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at National Research Council Canada.

Had a phone interview. The questions asked were very basic and straightforward to see whether your knowledge learnt from school is in line with the job posted.

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at National Research Council Canada in April 2008.

Hired through research associate process

Interview Questions
    No, government mandated salary scale

Technical Officer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at National Research Council Canada in October 2010.

i did not doing good on the skill test, the model of equipment for the test is a one i have never seen before. i

so be prepared for everything, maybe ask details before th einterview.

Interview Questions
    • can you intriduce your self, and why you applied this position.   Answer Question

Research Support and Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moncton, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at National Research Council Canada in June 2009.

I applied for the position in Feb., the interview took place in June. It was done via video conference using ooVoo software. There were four people from NRC: 1 HR, the hiring manager and 2 would be co-workers. It was a behavioural interview: they took turns asking questions. They would not elaborate on any question. I could answer it however I wanted, but they would not engage in any kind of dialog about the question or my answer. When I said my answer was complete, they went to the next question.

The email I received from the HR person said up front that it would be a behavioural interview and recommended that I prepare. Very good advice. But no indication of how to go about it. Google is your friend. Don't just read the sample questions you find. Select a broad sample of them and actually _write_ out your answers. This will force you to clarify your thinking.

Interview Questions
    • how would you design an application for birdwatching?   View Answer

unwilling to relocate to Moncton

Worked for National Research Council Canada? Contribute to the Community!