National Safety Council

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Instructor Interview

Instructor

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at National Safety Council in September 2010.

Interview Details – All communication was online and did not meet people until a yearly meeting. Hiring was done after taking some steps and reading a book that prospective instructors were tested on.

Negotiation Details – None. Pay was/is the pay.

Cannot Divulge Interview

Negotiation Details – boring

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Itasca, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Safety Council in April 2013.

Interview Details – Received call from recruiter follow-up with email for 3 person interview. Recruiter nice. Manager quiet in interview. Other 2 mainly asked questions. Never heard back.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Training Center Coordinator Interview

Training Center Coordinator
Itasca, IL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at National Safety Council in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with a recruiter who was very friendly but oddly talked more about herself than she asked me questions. Came in for a two person interview and found that the recruiter had given an inaccurate description of the job. The interviewers were nice but seemed put off when I repeated information I'd been told by the recruiter.

Interview Question – How would you organize your customer files?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Itasca, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National Safety Council in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview began with a phone interview. The HR person didn't seem to know when they would interview, or if they were ready to interview. During this initial conversation, salary seemed to be the most important to the HR person, not skills, abilities, or past work experience. Overall, I found the process to be quite unprofessional. The lack of professionalism was the most annoying part of the process and shows what the work life would have been if I worked there. I accepted a position with another company.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for National Safety Council? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Safety Council interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Safety Council employees and interview candidates.