National Securities Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.4

Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities.

Interview

I appiled online, the whole process too 3 weeks. contacted by recruiter for a phone screen, and then got an invite for group phone interview, spoke with hiring manager and a vp, difficult questions during the interview............................................

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

asked general questions about market and what my interests were. as long as you are familiar with the markets, and want to pursue/learn about the business you will be okay. they offered me the position over the phone. however during the internship itself, i did absolutely nothing. nothing at all.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities (Edison, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The 1st interview was done in a group, with the vice president explaining the role of the position. And the second interview was one on one in which the executive tried getting to know you as a person, as well as your background history.

Interview Questions

• why did you apply to this job?   1 Answer

I just graduated college and it wasnt the right fit for me.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online via a third party website. I was then called by the secretary and set up an appointment. When i went in, i was briefly interviewed by one of the more senior people in the firm's office. The interview was less question asking and more describing what my role would be in the firm.

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I met the VP at my school's career fair, followed up several times, and received an in-office interview. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes and consisted of my knowledge of the industry, financial markets, and sales. It was fast-paced and tested my ability to think on my feet. My sales experience and abilities were thoroughly examined and tested throughout the interview. Every bit of sales experience was acknowledged and these abilities were tested through several exercises.

Interview Questions

• American Express, Apple, FedEx. Stand up and pitch me which I should buy and why. Why not the other two?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First, we started with a lengthy Phone interview and then in person with HR. The HR manager asked a series of background questions and reviewed my resume. We then discussed my strengths and interests

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion of the market of the market for the next 3 months.   1 Answer

Stock Broker Interview

Interview

Not too hard. They just want to make sure you are self motivated and you are a hard worker. The HR guy will tell you how rich some people in the office are to raise your interest. Take this with a grain of salt.

Stock Broker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities in October 2014.

Interview

An Onsite Interview after a phone call discussion.This was a Career Fair Recruitment not an online application. You should pass a list of required licenses in order to join the company .

Interview Questions

• Was asked to pick a product from a laid out on the table and interviewer wanted me to give a pitch to sell the stock of the company based on that particular product picked out from the lot.   Answer Question

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Securities (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I arrived 1 hour late and the interviewer still met me. He was very forgiving and he tried to give me many opportunities to prove myself fit for the job. Unfortunately I couldn't give him the impression that I'm not shy or introverted. He complimented me on my way out feeling sorry for me.

Interview Questions

• "Do you actually want to be a stock broker or are you just looking for a job after college?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Securities (Miami, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview: extremely classical for Finance and interviews in general, especially trying to know if I would be a good fit for the company. I you are prepared, there should be no problem. The interviewers are not here to trick you but to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Do you like soccer? Because the World Cup was upon us but I love soccer   Answer Question