National Securities

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Asset Management Intern Interview

Interviewed at National Securities

Interview Details – Saw the job posting at my school late in the year around May. Interview asked about why im interested in finance and my opinion on market events. Nothing technical.

Interview Question – What do you see the market doing these coming months?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Securities.

Interview Details – applied through school's job portal, got a call requesting an in person interview in around a week, kind of a cramped space with one big room with computers and a smaller room/office for the CEO. Rather informal chat setting with the CEO sitting right up in your face.

Interview Question – Pretty basic 'walk me through your resume' questions, know your current events and general economy trends. Wanted to know why you were interested in the company and the job position in particular, what other companies you were speaking with.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer in Boston

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National Securities in January 2012.

Interview Details – Had to call to get interview after posting resume. The group liked me, specifically "my voice", ended up being a cold calling internship. They are mostly just asking you things about what you like, what you want to do, where you're from. "Hired" on the spot. Unpaid.

Interview Question – Very easy questioning, more like a conversation.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stock Broker Interview

Iselin, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at National Securities in August 2012.

Interview Details – As long as you have a pulse and can read a script you're hired. They may allow you to view the trading floor. They may ask you to come back for a second interview but really, they are looking to hire anybody.

Interview Question – The most difficult question? When can you start.... because believe me.. You don't want to start.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unprofessional environment. Rude co-workers. Terrible support.

Interviewed at National Securities

Interview Details – Applied through school career services center. Went in for interview. Standard questions.

Interview Question – What important piece of news was released this morning?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at National Securities in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very simple interview process. Simple introduction, questions on experience and aspirations and almost immediate offer

Interview Question – What is the most difficult customer service problem you have encountered?   Answer Question

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at National Securities in February 2010.

Interview Details – The person who was interviewing me was telling me how everybody make a six figure salary within their first year of working and the job consists of cold calling all day. before that they would want me to study in the office I dont know to much about this field but it just did not sound right to me

Interview Question – why should I hire you more than any other applicant?   Answer Question

Stock Broker Interview

Stock Broker

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at National Securities in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started by submitting my resume. I then received a call from someone from the firm that set a date for me to have my first interview. At the interview they described the position that was very accurate. This was followed by second interview where I received the job.

Interview Question – What is an example of success you have had in a competition?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National Securities in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was very straightforward, hired about 16 students for the internship training program. mostly from nyu. did not seem very professional at all. brokerage firms duties were manly cold calls, entering leads, once a week seminars with other national securities brokers, consisted of q&a

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for National Securities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Securities interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Securities employees and interview candidates.