National Securities Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

2.2

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Securities in June 2014.

I arrived 1 hour late and the interviewer still met me. He was very forgiving and he tried to give me many opportunities to prove myself fit for the job. Unfortunately I couldn't give him the impression that I'm not shy or introverted. He complimented me on my way out feeling sorry for me.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you actually want to be a stock broker or are you just looking for a job after college?"   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Securities in June 2014.

Phone interview: extremely classical for Finance and interviews in general, especially trying to know if I would be a good fit for the company. I you are prepared, there should be no problem. The interviewers are not here to trick you but to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like soccer? Because the World Cup was upon us but I love soccer   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Securities in August 2010.

Called in for a position. Met with the partner, had a brief conversation about experiences and career outlook it was a very simple brief interview. Spoke to some associated regarding the office culture and partners outlook on their employees.

Brokerage Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Securities in April 2014.

Got this opportunity through a school program, called in and the whole interview was only 5 minutes

Interview Questions

Wasn't sure about the corporate culture

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at National Securities in January 2014.

Dress well, go into an office to chat with senior brokers. They will tell you this is a simple industry, to listen and do exactly as they say to succeed. Tell them you are willing and able, excited to learn, and ready for anything. You WILL be hired, just don't awkward. Have some confidence. They want to give you this job, you will be working your rear-end off for little pay in order to give them million dollar accounts. Hopefully down the road you'll be in their seat doing the same to some other desperate kid.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. The questions were standard and they are really just trying to get a feel for you being a hard worker who is willing to put in the 12 hours a day in order to generate accounts for them.   View Answer
    Negotiations are possible but they hold all the cards unless you are already a massive stock broker with a great book of clients.

Asset Management Intern Interview

Saw the job posting at my school late in the year around May. Interview asked about why im interested in finance and my opinion on market events. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see the market doing these coming months?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Securities.

applied through school's job portal, got a call requesting an in person interview in around a week, kind of a cramped space with one big room with computers and a smaller room/office for the CEO. Rather informal chat setting with the CEO sitting right up in your face.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic 'walk me through your resume' questions, know your current events and general economy trends. Wanted to know why you were interested in the company and the job position in particular, what other companies you were speaking with.   Answer Question

Got a better offer in Boston

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at National Securities in January 2012.

Had to call to get interview after posting resume. The group liked me, specifically "my voice", ended up being a cold calling internship. They are mostly just asking you things about what you like, what you want to do, where you're from. "Hired" on the spot. Unpaid.

Stock Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Iselin, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at National Securities in August 2012.

As long as you have a pulse and can read a script you're hired. They may allow you to view the trading floor. They may ask you to come back for a second interview but really, they are looking to hire anybody.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question? When can you start.... because believe me.. You don't want to start.   Answer Question

Unprofessional environment. Rude co-workers. Terrible support.

Intern Interview

Applied through school career services center. Went in for interview. Standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • What important piece of news was released this morning?   Answer Question

Worked for National Securities? Contribute to the Community!