National Semiconductor Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Semiconductor.

I sent a resume to NSC and they contacted me to come in for a interview. I was interviewed by my future NCO in Charge. We chatted for a while and I learned that he was retired from the Navy and I advised him I was retired. After that we talked about the position and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate the salary I wanted but it was only a few hundred dollars different.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at National Semiconductor.

Initial interview was set up by associate whom I had served with in the USAF.I had ran into him on the streets and I ask him if the company he was employed by had any openings and he stated yes, and I gave hm a copy of my resume and he gave it to him boss and I was called in for an interview and got the job,

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations, I was given what I ask for.

Senior Manager Applications Engineering Interview

Interview Questions
    • Strategy equals execution. All the great ideas and visions in the world are worthless if they can’t be implemented rapidly and efficiently. Good leaders delegate and empower others liberally, But they pay attention to details, every day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

During my hiring and interview the process was friendly and any concerns were if was over experienced for the position I was interviewing for. The IT manager was (I found out during the interview, was ex-navy and me being ex-air force we got along very well and end up talking about our military experiences rather than going in-depth about the job I was applying was which was Telecommunications Technician.

Interview Questions
    • The manager I interviewed with queried me about my experiences in telecommunications and my duties with the company I was leaving to come to National Semiconductor. After that the conversation changed to our military experiences.   View Answer
    There really was no negotiations per sec. I was offered a salary was was more than I was making. I was not asked how much I was making at the company I was leaving.

Intern Interview

I was asked which courses I had covered at University. Which ones I enjoyed the most and why. Which ones made me think for myself.

Interview Questions
    • I had to give specifics of electronic components and processes that I had covered in power electronics.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Semiconductor in February 2009.

process was little tough, and the progress of the process was little faster than others.

multiple offers.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at National Semiconductor in March 2011.

The process is an extremely typical one. It starts off with a phone screen and then proceeds with an on-site interview. This position had seven other candidates interview on-site. Started off with a brief introduction from the hiring manager. Then, there was a rotation of three different one-on-one interviews. Depending on the interviewer, the technical questions ranged from easy to slightly difficult - all basic analog questions. Some examples include: op-amp gain, simple circuit analysis, capacitor circuits, constructing filters, etc. Interviewers asked about previous work experiences and projects. Not the most difficult interview; however, the group only hired one (the candidate who had a MSEE).

Interview Questions
    • Derive the gain equation for a basic non-inverting op-amp.   View Answer

Digital Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Semiconductor in March 2011.

I had a phone interview and the interview consisted of all questions based on my projects on resume.

After a week, i was called in for onsite where i had been interviewed by 4 and this was like a half day interview process. All the questions revolved around my resume and projects and some questions on clock domain crossing.

After that i was escalated for a different team for full-time which had another round of interview this time more on verilog. I guess this where i messed up with low confidence. Make sure you know stuff about X's and Z's that is where i lost the battle.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at National Semiconductor in February 2011.

I got a call and there were two interviewers
    They started with asking me questions about my career and about my self.
    Then they asked me when can I start.
    Then technical questions-OOPS concepts...all possible...inheritance, encapsulation, etc..What is interface..and some more of OOPS questions.
    Some database questions...basics.
    Where do u see urself 5 years from now.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at National Semiconductor in April 2009.

The interview consisted of a telephonic interview - usual stuff. The onsite interview consisted of few rounds of technical interview and hr discussion session. The technical session was quite helpful and the interviewers were friendly and open to discussion. The HR discussion mostly revolved around the benefits offered by the company.

Interview Questions

Worked for National Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!