National Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at National Semiconductor.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two rounds of on-site interviews. First round of on-site interview took almost two hours. I met 4-5 people in the company. The interview went pretty well. Later was called to meet another person in the company. This time it was only for 30 mins.

Senior Telecommunication Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I sent a resume to NSC and they contacted me to come in for a interview. I was interviewed by my future NCO in Charge. We chatted for a while and I learned that he was retired from the Navy and I advised him I was retired. After that we talked about the position and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate the salary I wanted but it was only a few hundred dollars different.

Senior Telecommunication Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Initial interview was set up by associate whom I had served with in the USAF.I had ran into him on the streets and I ask him if the company he was employed by had any openings and he stated yes, and I gave hm a copy of my resume and he gave it to him boss and I was called in for an interview and got the job,

Interview Questions

• What is you pay expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, I was given what I ask for.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Strategy equals execution. All the great ideas and visions in the world are worthless if they can’t be implemented rapidly and efficiently. Good leaders delegate and empower others liberally, But they pay attention to details, every day.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

During my hiring and interview the process was friendly and any concerns were if was over experienced for the position I was interviewing for. The IT manager was (I found out during the interview, was ex-navy and me being ex-air force we got along very well and end up talking about our military experiences rather than going in-depth about the job I was applying was which was Telecommunications Technician.

Interview Questions

• The manager I interviewed with queried me about my experiences in telecommunications and my duties with the company I was leaving to come to National Semiconductor. After that the conversation changed to our military experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiations per sec. I was offered a salary was was more than I was making. I was not asked how much I was making at the company I was leaving.

Intern Interview

Interview

I was asked which courses I had covered at University. Which ones I enjoyed the most and why. Which ones made me think for myself.

Interview Questions

• I had to give specifics of electronic components and processes that I had covered in power electronics.   Answer Question

Digital Design Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview and the interview consisted of all questions based on my projects on resume.

After a week, i was called in for onsite where i had been interviewed by 4 and this was like a half day interview process. All the questions revolved around my resume and projects and some questions on clock domain crossing.

After that i was escalated for a different team for full-time which had another round of interview this time more on verilog. I guess this where i messed up with low confidence. Make sure you know stuff about X's and Z's that is where i lost the battle.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The process is an extremely typical one. It starts off with a phone screen and then proceeds with an on-site interview. This position had seven other candidates interview on-site. Started off with a brief introduction from the hiring manager. Then, there was a rotation of three different one-on-one interviews. Depending on the interviewer, the technical questions ranged from easy to slightly difficult - all basic analog questions. Some examples include: op-amp gain, simple circuit analysis, capacitor circuits, constructing filters, etc. Interviewers asked about previous work experiences and projects. Not the most difficult interview; however, the group only hired one (the candidate who had a MSEE).

Interview Questions

• Derive the gain equation for a basic non-inverting op-amp.   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at National Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I got a call and there were two interviewers
    They started with asking me questions about my career and about my self.
    Then they asked me when can I start.
    Then technical questions-OOPS concepts...all possible...inheritance, encapsulation, etc..What is interface..and some more of OOPS questions.
    Some database questions...basics.
    Where do u see urself 5 years from now.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the school job site, and they called to schedule an interview on campus. It was a one on one interview with just the basic questions, how do you handle conflict? was there a time where you were reprimanded for you actions that you thought were correct? Half of the time we were chatting about personal life, and he didn't ask anything financially related at all. It lasted about 20 minutes, and he was very friendly.

He explained that this was not a high hour job, and that he had plenty of time away from work. He also said
    that it is a pretty relaxed environment and the coworkers are very friendly and like to hang out outside of work.

The position was actually a rotation, which was not stated in the job description. He said that you will have a balance between working with people and working in excel.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you were reprimanded for an action in the workplace that you thought was correct? How did you handle it?   Answer Question