National Semiconductor

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Semiconductor.

Interview Details – I sent a resume to NSC and they contacted me to come in for a interview. I was interviewed by my future NCO in Charge. We chatted for a while and I learned that he was retired from the Navy and I advised him I was retired. After that we talked about the position and I was hired.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate the salary I wanted but it was only a few hundred dollars different.

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at National Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Initial interview was set up by associate whom I had served with in the USAF.I had ran into him on the streets and I ask him if the company he was employed by had any openings and he stated yes, and I gave hm a copy of my resume and he gave it to him boss and I was called in for an interview and got the job,

Interview Question – What is you pay expectations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations, I was given what I ask for.

Senior Manager Applications Engineering Interview

Senior Manager Applications Engineering

Interviewed at National Semiconductor

Interview Details – Strategy equals execution. All the great ideas and visions in the world are worthless if they can’t be implemented rapidly and efficiently. Good leaders delegate and empower others liberally, But they pay attention to details, every day.

Interview Question – Strategy equals execution. All the great ideas and visions in the world are worthless if they can’t be implemented rapidly and efficiently. Good leaders delegate and empower others liberally, But they pay attention to details, every day.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

Interview Details – During my hiring and interview the process was friendly and any concerns were if was over experienced for the position I was interviewing for. The IT manager was (I found out during the interview, was ex-navy and me being ex-air force we got along very well and end up talking about our military experiences rather than going in-depth about the job I was applying was which was Telecommunications Technician.

Interview Question – The manager I interviewed with queried me about my experiences in telecommunications and my duties with the company I was leaving to come to National Semiconductor. After that the conversation changed to our military experiences.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiations per sec. I was offered a salary was was more than I was making. I was not asked how much I was making at the company I was leaving.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at National Semiconductor

Interview Details – I was asked which courses I had covered at University. Which ones I enjoyed the most and why. Which ones made me think for myself.

Interview Question – I had to give specifics of electronic components and processes that I had covered in power electronics.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National Semiconductor in February 2009.

Interview Details – process was little tough, and the progress of the process was little faster than others.

Interview Question – hash code algorithm was asked.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – multiple offers.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at National Semiconductor in March 2011.

Interview Details – The process is an extremely typical one. It starts off with a phone screen and then proceeds with an on-site interview. This position had seven other candidates interview on-site. Started off with a brief introduction from the hiring manager. Then, there was a rotation of three different one-on-one interviews. Depending on the interviewer, the technical questions ranged from easy to slightly difficult - all basic analog questions. Some examples include: op-amp gain, simple circuit analysis, capacitor circuits, constructing filters, etc. Interviewers asked about previous work experiences and projects. Not the most difficult interview; however, the group only hired one (the candidate who had a MSEE).

Interview Question – Derive the gain equation for a basic non-inverting op-amp.   View Answer

Digital Design Intern Interview

Digital Design Intern
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Semiconductor in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and the interview consisted of all questions based on my projects on resume.

After a week, i was called in for onsite where i had been interviewed by 4 and this was like a half day interview process. All the questions revolved around my resume and projects and some questions on clock domain crossing.

After that i was escalated for a different team for full-time which had another round of interview this time more on verilog. I guess this where i messed up with low confidence. Make sure you know stuff about X's and Z's that is where i lost the battle.

Interview Question – About the X's and Z's apart from the verilog keywords   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at National Semiconductor in February 2011.

Interview Details – I got a call and there were two interviewers
They started with asking me questions about my career and about my self.
Then they asked me when can I start.
Then technical questions-OOPS concepts...all possible...inheritance, encapsulation, etc..What is interface..and some more of OOPS questions.
Some database questions...basics.
Where do u see urself 5 years from now.

Interview Question – OOPS concepts and database   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National Semiconductor in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a telephonic interview - usual stuff. The onsite interview consisted of few rounds of technical interview and hr discussion session. The technical session was quite helpful and the interviewers were friendly and open to discussion. The HR discussion mostly revolved around the benefits offered by the company.

Interview Question – Quantifying errors in data converters   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Semiconductor

Worked for National Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!