National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics)

www.nassco.com

National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics) Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

3.2

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics).

I was originally hired as for a temporary engineering position through a job shopping agency. The agency submitted my resume to GD NASSCO and I then had a phone interview with two senior engineers and the manager. It was basically a technical interview only. I accepted the offer and after 9 months of working I was offered a direct position.

Interview Questions
    • None. Basic technical interview to determine background experience and skills.   Answer Question
    For the initial temporary position there was no negotiation, but for the direct position offer I had the opportunity to negotiate. I did not negotiate at that time.

Training and Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through other source – interviewed at National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics).

An interview was not conducted, as this was a placement due to consolidation. One meeting was held with employee to discuss interest in company and different departments. Senior management made decisions on employee placement into consolidated positions with approval from corprate office in California.

Interview Questions
    • None. There was not an interview process for this position. They didn't request a resume.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, as this was part of a concolidation.

Professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics).

this was a three part internview. started with two one on one interviews at my school. then a over the phone pannel interview with 5 managers and long time employees, finally they flew the finalist down to San Diego for a two face to face pannel interview. overall it was a really good experience.

Interview Questions
    • If I was your superviser and told you do to something that you did not agree with what would you do?   View Answer

Analyst/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics) in June 2013.

The process was very quick. I applied and received a call from their recruiter. The next day I had a very detailed interview with the hiring manager, the technical lead and the VP. I thought I did well and we found several points were my experience matched their needs.

Interview Questions
    • There were some technical questions in regard to .Net that I should have known, but wasn't expecting. Those technologies were not listed in the position requirements. An example was about POCO.
      I was also asked about SSAS. Not in my repertoire even though at my current job we do a lot of analytic work with Allegro and in house software. It must not be that good.

View Answer

Work Package Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics) in February 2013.

it was great, normal experience you need to know how to response to the questions quickly. Come prepared with you resume also. I really did enjoy my interview and further more i ended up getting the job, the company is a great company to work for .

30,000

Planner/Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics) in November 2010.

The hiring process is just like any other position. They just want to make sure that you can handle work load, stress, how you interact with others and they want to know your mental ability. Whether you can think logically

Interview Questions
    • I cannot think of a difficult or unexpected question during the interview   Answer Question
    At the time i was not able to negotiate. I counter offered but was denied.

Logistics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics) in October 2010.

The questions were pretty standard. The company's HR department is a bit disorganized. I got there, ready to meet the hiring manager or director and there were issues with my paperwork. One would think that those tasks should be ready to go when the candidate arrives. They finally met me and the job is in an industrial shipyard, but the position I was looking at was in the office. The office was laid out well. It was not some cubicle hell, as many other defense companies tend to be.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel you need to improve yourself professionally?   View Answer

Work at National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics)? Share Your Experiences

National Steel and Shipbuilding Company (General Dynamics)