National Stores Inc.

Very Difficult Interview

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at National Stores Inc. in August 2011.

Interview Details – what have you accomplished in goals and skills in your previous jobs ? What will you will bring to our company and how ? how will you train your people and why ?

Interview Question – what is your weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Transportation Manager Interview

Transportation Manager
Gardena, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at National Stores Inc. in January 2009.

Interview Details – one interview and job offer same day

Interview Question – wanted me to run DC   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very quick and easy only issues in bonus, never did get during my tenure what was negotiated

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Stores Inc. in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with District and regional management. Good interview, professional questions.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – no pay raises, 1 week vacation after working a year. This company does not appear to value its employees.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Yuba City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Stores Inc. in June 2012.

Interview Details – Just submit the resume to the store manager for this company doesn't have application form neither online application. After that, wait for the call from the store manager for the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 questions that were asked to me before I get hired:
    "How do you describe yourself?"
      Answer Question
  • How do you define a busy schedule?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for National Stores Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Stores Inc. interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Stores Inc. employees and interview candidates.