National Student Clearinghouse

National Student Clearinghouse Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

3.5

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Student Clearinghouse.

Interview

First, they start you off with a phone interview. They will ask questions about your customer service experience and availability or your strengths. After that is concluded you will be notified in a week to go into the office for an in person interview and a test. I went into the office and took the test. The test itself was easy. It included business writing and knowledge of outlook. They will look at how you interact with HR and then other people will come in and ask you behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a group conflict and how did you work to resolve it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Student Clearinghouse.

Interview

One phone interview and then received an offer.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Student Clearinghouse.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted the same day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic customer service questions plus behavioral questions, I was also asked OS questions and computer programs, questions I have never been asked in a interview for a customer service job.

Interview Questions

• Having the in person interview was in my opinion not customer service related. They were more focused in knowing my knowledge on Outlook than anything. With almost 10 years of CS experience and dealing with dif. Programs including Outlook I have never been asked so many questions of Outlook. I felt that they were expecting me to fail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Student Clearinghouse.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation in which you created a solution for and rose above it   Answer Question

Software Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Student Clearinghouse.

Interview

The HR contacted me right away and scheduled a phone interview. That interview was very professional and went extremely well. They were textbook questions: open-ended and covering every major categories. Why do you think you are a good fit for this job? What do you do when your project fails? How do you handle employee motivation? etc.

Interview Questions

• The second interview with the hiring manager didn't go so well. You should be more agreeable with him. He seems to be responsible for a small area of focus. He didn’t seem to be open to (or appreciate) growth suggestions to business services or alternative technology implementation approaches.   Answer Question

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Student Clearinghouse (Herndon, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had initially applied to NSCH right through their website, and got a rejection letter in 2 weeks. Next week, an external recruiter called me and told me that he wants to forward my resume to NSCH, but he wants to see more hands-on experiences. So, I forwarded him my "technical" resume which goes into a lot more detail. I got a call back in 2 hours from the recruiter asking me to go for the interview the very next day The first interview was 2 hours long. First I met the EA, who is the hiring manager. She explained to me their technology stack, their products and what they are trying to do . Then she opened up the floor for me to talk about my experience. In between, she would pepper me with questions about how I handled a particular challenge, and how I communicated with the people outside the development team. She was prepared with a list of points that she wanted to go over, and I thought she would be just going down the list, but she didn't. She didn't block the flow of the conversation. More or less the interview with the EA was conversational, and we were trying to understand each other's needs. Next, I met 2 of the team leads whom I would be mentoring. The TLs were more or less interested in knowing about how I did some of the things I did in the resume. I started going into it, and ultimately, it kind of turned out to be like a small class, which I thought wasn;t bad considering that I am interviewing for an architect position I was called in for an interview in the next business day to meet with 2 of the directors. Again, the style of the interview was conversational, with me talking about my experience, and they peppering in questions about how I solved problems. The types of questions were more oriented towards managerial problems. All in all, it was a positive experience. Everyone I met is intelligent and courteous. They let you speak, and pepper in intelligent questions during your spiel

Interview Questions

• All of them wanted to know how I motivate developers to move to technology. which was kind of weird to me because my experience has been that developers always want to try the next thing   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will not negotiate on salary, and they said upfront that they will not negotiate on salary. I negotiated on vacation time, and they were pretty cool about it. I thought their offer was fair, and I'm not a big negotiator

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Student Clearinghouse (Herndon, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call and went through a phone interview. All of the questions were basic and the HR rep was very nice. After passing the phone interview I went into the office for an in person interview. I took a test to show my analytic skills which was followed by an in person interview. All of the questions were situational, and how one would handle certain confrontations.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at National Student Clearinghouse (Herndon, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Met with three employees and was given an oral interview as well as a test. There was a prepared list of questions that I had to answer along with provided the name of a peer at each previous employer.

Interview Questions

• I had to review a requirement and create use cases. I had to right an email.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a bill of goods that didn't pan out. I was promised training, permanent employment and overall support. None of this occurred.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Student Clearinghouse (Herndon, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

When there was a real HR department the interviews were tough as they really focused on bringing in the right people to improve the culture. Now I am sure it is laughable.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Student Clearinghouse in March 2012.

Interview

I was selected for internship and placement at Woodward governor through a technical + HR round.I was the only one to be selected from my class.They just put some technical regarding the projects i have undertaken and core subjects and few questions regarding my aim and future plan was asked.Overall the interview was quite nice and presented myself accurately.Finally the result was in my favor.

Interview Questions

• Why we should choose you among many?   1 Answer

Woodward no doubt is a very good MNC and i was very keen to work with them.The only reason to decline their offer was their location that was not suitable to me.I requested them to shift me somewhere else but they denied and finally i refused to join there.