National Taiwan University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.1

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Taiwan University (Washington, DC) in October 2008.

Interview

It is a big company with a lot of founds to support research and development. They called me firstly , then sent an email to me 3 days later. I went to company for a final interview. I got rejection letter 3 weeks after bacjing home.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

generally speaking, this company need the people who can deal with good research with good ability and independent thinking. Thus, the question in interview is about how do people do research and relative performance. And the personal identity also is important for recruiter and collages.

Interview Questions

Interview

Talk to the professor.

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Taiwan University (Taipei (Taiwan)).

Interview

I originally began working for my boss as a freelance photographer for one of his projects; I'd acquired this job through my cousin who was already working for him. He took interest in me because of my background in Environmental Science, which fit the criteria for someone he wished to hire to manage one of his new projects. I was invited to his office for a chat, oblivious to the fact that I was actually being interviewed; my cousin had told me the professor (my former boss) just wanted to get to know me better because of my unique upbringing. We discussed environmental issues I was interested and what I was currently doing with my free time. It was towards the end of the chat that my former boss mentioned he had a new project awaiting to be approved by the National Science Council and asked whether or not I would like to take part. My general responsibilities for this particular project were discussed but my salary was never mentioned. I only found out later through my boss' secretary. The professor had mentioned the salary system at NTU was set in stone and that unfortunately there was no room for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term goals? How committed will you be to this project?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was not negotiated. Negotiating my responsibilities went smooth with a relaxed atmosphere.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Taiwan University (Taipei (Taiwan)) in January 2013.

Interview

They basically wanted to know more about you, your background and your future plan. They asked a lot about your former work experiences and what you learned from those experiences. And they also asked about your future plan since they wanted to know how long you planed to work for them.

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Taiwan University (Taipei (Taiwan)) in October 2012.

Interview

Just contact the professor you wish to conduct research with. It would be the best if your research experience correlate with the research interest of the professor. Also, it depends on whether the professor has funding to hire people. For my case, the professor happen to have funding, so I can get the job.

Interview

I found the posting on a website dedicated to open jobs in research positions. The hiring was based on my academic record, research experience, and references. There was no interview or negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Taiwan University (Taipei (Taiwan)) in September 2012.

Interview

Anyone who join the lab meeting of my lab has the chance to be involved in a project. In the beginning,the salary would be paid hourly. As the times go by, if one is getting used to the work without dropping out, he i.s qualified as formally included in this project, which is paid monthly

Interview Questions

• . What's project you going to propose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's based on the standard of National Science Council. No space for negotiation.

Full-Time Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Taiwan University (Taipei (Taiwan)) in August 2011.

Interview

These positions are mostly in the hands of the professors. So the most important thing is that you should find someone whose research interests you. Send them an email to set up an appointment and talk to them in person. These interviews are very casual, just like any meeting with a faculty. Sometimes these positions can be found by asking the department administration staff as well.

Interview Questions

• It's hard to say since it's a large university, and each department, each professor has their own way. But you must study the professor's research before you approach them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiatable

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Taiwan University (Taipei (Taiwan)) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It consisted of an online application which was then followed by an in person interview with the library director. The library director would conduct the interview to try to get to know you and your past experience. After the interview, I got a call two days later and was offered the position.