National Taiwan University Interview Questions

2.1

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Taiwan University in October 2008.

It is a big company with a lot of founds to support research and development. They called me firstly , then sent an email to me 3 days later. I went to company for a final interview. I got rejection letter 3 weeks after bacjing home.

Research Assistant Interview

generally speaking, this company need the people who can deal with good research with good ability and independent thinking. Thus, the question in interview is about how do people do research and relative performance. And the personal identity also is important for recruiter and collages.

Part-time Research Assistant Interview

Talk to the professor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at National Taiwan University.

I originally began working for my boss as a freelance photographer for one of his projects; I'd acquired this job through my cousin who was already working for him. He took interest in me because of my background in Environmental Science, which fit the criteria for someone he wished to hire to manage one of his new projects. I was invited to his office for a chat, oblivious to the fact that I was actually being interviewed; my cousin had told me the professor (my former boss) just wanted to get to know me better because of my unique upbringing. We discussed environmental issues I was interested and what I was currently doing with my free time. It was towards the end of the chat that my former boss mentioned he had a new project awaiting to be approved by the National Science Council and asked whether or not I would like to take part. My general responsibilities for this particular project were discussed but my salary was never mentioned. I only found out later through my boss' secretary. The professor had mentioned the salary system at NTU was set in stone and that unfortunately there was no room for negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • What are your long-term goals? How committed will you be to this project?   View Answer
    Salary was not negotiated. Negotiating my responsibilities went smooth with a relaxed atmosphere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Taiwan University in October 2012.

Just contact the professor you wish to conduct research with. It would be the best if your research experience correlate with the research interest of the professor. Also, it depends on whether the professor has funding to hire people. For my case, the professor happen to have funding, so I can get the job.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

I found the posting on a website dedicated to open jobs in research positions. The hiring was based on my academic record, research experience, and references. There was no interview or negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Taiwan University in September 2012.

Anyone who join the lab meeting of my lab has the chance to be involved in a project. In the beginning,the salary would be paid hourly. As the times go by, if one is getting used to the work without dropping out, he i.s qualified as formally included in this project, which is paid monthly

Interview Questions
    • . What's project you going to propose?   View Answer
    It's based on the standard of National Science Council. No space for negotiation.

Full-Time Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Taiwan University in August 2011.

These positions are mostly in the hands of the professors.
    So the most important thing is that you should find someone whose research interests you.
    Send them an email to set up an appointment and talk to them in person.
    These interviews are very casual, just like any meeting with a faculty.

Sometimes these positions can be found by asking the department administration staff as well.

Interview Questions
    • It's hard to say since it's a large university, and each department, each professor has their own way.
      But you must study the professor's research before you approach them.

Answer Question
    non-negotiatable

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Taiwan University in August 2009.

interview is required, and conducted by a faculty search committee

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Taiwan University in January 2009.

The interview was very conversational. They want to know your personality and personal skills.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the situation that one of the student snoring in the classroom?   View Answer