National Taiwan University

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Taiwan University in October 2008.

Interview Details – It is a big company with a lot of founds to support research and development. They called me firstly , then sent an email to me 3 days later. I went to company for a final interview. I got rejection letter 3 weeks after bacjing home.

Interview Question – What contribution can you make if we hire you?   Answer Question

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at National Taiwan University in September 2012.

Interview Details – Anyone who join the lab meeting of my lab has the chance to be involved in a project. In the beginning,the salary would be paid hourly. As the times go by, if one is getting used to the work without dropping out, he i.s qualified as formally included in this project, which is paid monthly

Interview Question – . What's project you going to propose?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's based on the standard of National Science Council. No space for negotiation.

Part-time Research Assistant Interview

Interviewed at National Taiwan University

Interview Details – Talk to the professor.

Interview Question – What's your research interest.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Full-Time Research Assistant Interview

Full-Time Research Assistant
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National Taiwan University in August 2011.

Interview Details – These positions are mostly in the hands of the professors.
So the most important thing is that you should find someone whose research interests you.
Send them an email to set up an appointment and talk to them in person.
These interviews are very casual, just like any meeting with a faculty.

Sometimes these positions can be found by asking the department administration staff as well.

Interview Question – It's hard to say since it's a large university, and each department, each professor has their own way.
But you must study the professor's research before you approach them.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiatable

Very Easy Interview

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at National Taiwan University.

Interview Details – I originally began working for my boss as a freelance photographer for one of his projects; I'd acquired this job through my cousin who was already working for him. He took interest in me because of my background in Environmental Science, which fit the criteria for someone he wished to hire to manage one of his new projects. I was invited to his office for a chat, oblivious to the fact that I was actually being interviewed; my cousin had told me the professor (my former boss) just wanted to get to know me better because of my unique upbringing. We discussed environmental issues I was interested and what I was currently doing with my free time. It was towards the end of the chat that my former boss mentioned he had a new project awaiting to be approved by the National Science Council and asked whether or not I would like to take part. My general responsibilities for this particular project were discussed but my salary was never mentioned. I only found out later through my boss' secretary. The professor had mentioned the salary system at NTU was set in stone and that unfortunately there was no room for negotiation.

Interview Question – What are your long-term goals? How committed will you be to this project?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiated. Negotiating my responsibilities went smooth with a relaxed atmosphere.

Professor Interview

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Taiwan University in August 2009.

Interview Details – interview is required, and conducted by a faculty search committee

Negotiation Details – no

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Postdoctoral Researcher

Interviewed at National Taiwan University

Interview Details – I found the posting on a website dedicated to open jobs in research positions. The hiring was based on my academic record, research experience, and references. There was no interview or negotiation.

Interview Question – Do you want the job?   View Answer

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National Taiwan University in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was very conversational. They want to know your personality and personal skills.

Interview Question – How would you handle the situation that one of the student snoring in the classroom?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for National Taiwan University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Taiwan University interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Taiwan University employees and interview candidates.