National Taiwan University

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at National Taiwan University in September 2012.

Interview Details – Anyone who join the lab meeting of my lab has the chance to be involved in a project. In the beginning,the salary would be paid hourly. As the times go by, if one is getting used to the work without dropping out, he i.s qualified as formally included in this project, which is paid monthly

Interview Question – . What's project you going to propose?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's based on the standard of National Science Council. No space for negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at National Taiwan University.

Interview Details – I originally began working for my boss as a freelance photographer for one of his projects; I'd acquired this job through my cousin who was already working for him. He took interest in me because of my background in Environmental Science, which fit the criteria for someone he wished to hire to manage one of his new projects. I was invited to his office for a chat, oblivious to the fact that I was actually being interviewed; my cousin had told me the professor (my former boss) just wanted to get to know me better because of my unique upbringing. We discussed environmental issues I was interested and what I was currently doing with my free time. It was towards the end of the chat that my former boss mentioned he had a new project awaiting to be approved by the National Science Council and asked whether or not I would like to take part. My general responsibilities for this particular project were discussed but my salary was never mentioned. I only found out later through my boss' secretary. The professor had mentioned the salary system at NTU was set in stone and that unfortunately there was no room for negotiation.

Interview Question – What are your long-term goals? How committed will you be to this project?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was not negotiated. Negotiating my responsibilities went smooth with a relaxed atmosphere.

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National Taiwan University in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was very conversational. They want to know your personality and personal skills.

Interview Question – How would you handle the situation that one of the student snoring in the classroom?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for National Taiwan University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Taiwan University Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Taiwan University employees and interview candidates.