National University Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at National University in June 2014.

Had an interview with the manager. Overall pleasant with no difficult questions. Manager was seeking more information about my work ethic and why I want the position. The experience was not intimidating and went smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Can you mention a time when you had a situation with a coworker and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be an Admissions Advisor?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about National University   Answer Question

Admission Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at National University.

it was quick about a week long process. No drug test or physical. focus on past sales experience and that you care about students. Also make such to have answers to what experience you have with college and helping people. It was not a hard process, but make sure to be ready to do a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • what expereince do you have in sales or a retail setting?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at National University in August 2013.

I applied for the position about 4 weeks before they have given a phone call for an interview. The interview was really quick, about a 20 minute interview. I was interviewed by three people at the same time and they only had three questions.

The three questions were very vague and not really about the job position, but more on personality. It looks as though they were trying to find someone who would be able to work as a team.

Interview Questions
    • The question that they emphasized the most was if there was another employee who was giving you issues- how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Advisor Credential Interview

phone interview. then panel interview. more interested in writing my responses down in their ipads than actually connecting with me.

Admissions Advisor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at National University.

This was a quite a long time ago so I don't recall. Being a university though, I have noticed all the managers really appreciate when you do your research into the school. So do your homework.

Coordinator Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, reference check and background check

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a deadline was present and you were not completely satisfied with you work?   View Answer
    They offered me more than the posted salary right off the bat.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National University.

I submitted an application and received a phone call the next day for an interview. The interview was great. The Admissions Advisors I interviewed with were incredibly friendly, positive and helpful.

I was asked questions regarding my advising experience, experience with students and ability to comply with deadlines.

The interview was simple and friendly. Word of advice: Be yourself!

Interview Questions
    • What kind of manager or boss do you prefer?   View Answer

Adjunct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at National University in June 2010.

Asked about other teaching experience and details of courses taken at the graduate level

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the salary is fixed for the position

Center Assistant Interview

There was only one interview and it was with the Center Director and Associate Regional Dean. Very simple and straight-forward.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions that I remember... they did have questions for me but not the "What would you do in this situation" or anything. It was basically a conversation about my skills and the university, not so much an interrogation feeling!   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National University.

know make the job will entails, do research about the school itself, and most importantly be yourself. It's better to be yourself in the interview than, be scripted and fake. Besides, the people that interview you are the ones that's going to be your coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you know about National University?   View Answer

Worked for National University? Contribute to the Community!