National University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National University.

Interview

Don't bother applying at a for-profit institution. Their online department runs like a outdated corporate training development without focus on academics and faculty freedom. It looks like senior administrators are afraid of losing their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions are the most annoying. No challenge whatsoever.   Answer Question

Records Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Standard questions. Panel interview was made to be a comfortable experience. It almost felt as if the interviewer was tired of having interviews - maybe they had a high volume of applicants and interviews to go through. It was definitely a low anxiety situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult experience you had with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • How do you manage your time during a typical work day?   Answer Question

Admission Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at National University.

Interview

it was quick about a week long process. No drug test or physical. focus on past sales experience and that you care about students. Also make such to have answers to what experience you have with college and helping people. It was not a hard process, but make sure to be ready to do a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• what expereince do you have in sales or a retail setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at National University (Long Beach, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with the manager. Overall pleasant with no difficult questions. Manager was seeking more information about my work ethic and why I want the position. The experience was not intimidating and went smooth.

Interview Questions

• Can you mention a time when you had a situation with a coworker and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be an Admissions Advisor?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about National University   Answer Question

Advisor Credential Interview

Interview

phone interview. then panel interview. more interested in writing my responses down in their ipads than actually connecting with me.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National University.

Interview

This was a quite a long time ago so I don't recall. Being a university though, I have noticed all the managers really appreciate when you do your research into the school. So do your homework.

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, reference check and background check

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a deadline was present and you were not completely satisfied with you work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me more than the posted salary right off the bat.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at National University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I submitted an application and received a phone call the next day for an interview. The interview was great. The Admissions Advisors I interviewed with were incredibly friendly, positive and helpful.

I was asked questions regarding my advising experience, experience with students and ability to comply with deadlines.

The interview was simple and friendly. Word of advice: Be yourself!

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager or boss do you prefer?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National University (La Jolla, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position about 4 weeks before they have given a phone call for an interview. The interview was really quick, about a 20 minute interview. I was interviewed by three people at the same time and they only had three questions.

The three questions were very vague and not really about the job position, but more on personality. It looks as though they were trying to find someone who would be able to work as a team.

Interview Questions

• The question that they emphasized the most was if there was another employee who was giving you issues- how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Center Assistant Interview

Interview

There was only one interview and it was with the Center Director and Associate Regional Dean. Very simple and straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions that I remember... they did have questions for me but not the "What would you do in this situation" or anything. It was basically a conversation about my skills and the university, not so much an interrogation feeling!   Answer Question