Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at National University of Singapore
- Research Assistant (11)
- Research Fellow (8)
- Research Engineer (7)
- Research Associate (2)
- Laboratory Executive (2)
- Research Scholar (2)
- Research Scientist (2)
- Graduate Student Researcher (1)
- PhD Candidate (1)
- PhD Student (1)
- Executive (1)
- Research (1)
- Research Analyst (1)
- Associate Director (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Administrative Staff (1)
- Undergraduate (1)
- Undergraduate Research Assistant (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Senior Research Fellow (1)
- Teaching Assistant (1)
- Systems Analyst (1)
- Arts Manager/Administrator (1)
- Master of Science (1)
- Management Assistant Officer (1)
- Executive - Student Affairs (1)
- Technician (1)
- Management Support Officer (1)
- Manager (1)
- SMA Student (1)
- No OfferDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2012.
1st round: invitation of written test (including basic financial knowledge and programming skills) 2nd round: interview with research analysts level (key competneces you are qualified to take this job) 3rd round: interview with research associates 4th round: interview with senior management (e.g. why do you want to choose RMI) 5th round: talk with HR to discuss welfare packages
- it's 2nd round interview, can be very specific about the skills listed on your resume, you must be very careful about what you write on it Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in January 2012.
I applied for the a research area slightly out of my scope and that was the main reason of not getting an offer
- they tested me for my programming skills in matlab and c 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2011.
This interview was many years ago way before 2011. It was a straight-forward one-to-one interview with the IT senior management. If there were supposed to be more than 1 round of interview or testing, I was not aware.
- The senior manager kept asking how my slight colour blindness would hamper my ability to perform the duties e.g. need to change colour of website very urgently and deprived of common design software e.g. photoshop. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2010.
I had the two phone interviews when I was in Beijing. The time difference is a bad thing ( I had to get up at 5am), and the interviewer's accent always make me to ask for repeating the questions, which annoyed him. He was not patient and I was also nervous. The interview goes not smooth. You can expect the results.
- Find the smallest element in a stack 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National University of Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2010.
Communication was excellent. Admin was good. It is just that one of the person interviewing (was recruited a few months before) was also of the same cadre and had a very negative attitude.
- Do you have experience with a particular research experience 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National University of Singapore in March 2009.
sit down with the interviewer and was asked a few simple questions completely unrelated to the job that i was applying
- what is the biggest weakness in your character? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review