National University of Singapore

Getting the Interview

37 candidate interviews

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details – Interview and briefing of the research papers of the guide.

Negotiation Details – Fixed

Laboratory Executive Interview

Laboratory Executive
Kent Ridge (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2011.

Interview Details – Three panel interview. Asked me general work ethics questions, lab research experience, how well I manage order and paperwork.

Negotiation Details – Very smooth.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with professor. High GPA is a bonus.

Interview Question – Why do you want this particular topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Master of Science Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – I did my Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering in the year 2011-2012. I specialized in Mechatronics which was an interesting course given the fact that it is versatile in its structure and the learning was fun. I did a series of 7 mini projects (including projects from mechanical, electrical and software domains) to complete the course and they were useful and interesting.

Interview Question – There was no difficult phase as such but it was a hectic one year period for me since I took 5 modules per semester instead of the nominal 3 modules. It was fruitful since I passed out with good grades ans saved one year's tuition fees.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the a research area slightly out of my scope and that was the main reason of not getting an offer

Interview Question – they tested me for my programming skills in matlab and c   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore in December 2010.

Interview Details – I've known the professor who was interviewing me for over an year, as i did my masters thesis under him.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation with the professor who is hiring me in ECE dept.

Arts Manager/Administrator Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore in December 2011.

Interview Details – Standard application means submission of an application form that details all your education, career history and family details. I wrote in to ask about job opportunities, together with my CV attached. I was lucky to that there just so happened to have a need for my specialisation and background. First round of interview was with the Director, the Senior Associate Director and the HR Assistant Director. It was a general discussion of my background, my career preference, and my conviction in being in this line of work. There were a few possible areas of work they proposed, and they took note of what I might be suitable for. Was called back for second of round of interview with the Senior Associate Director and HR Director, during which I was asked about what I think of the organisation, and their relation to the student population, areas which I find is lacking etc. Then I was asked a specific case of how I would apply my skills to a particular situation given. The last round was myself and the HR Assistant Director, telling me the job scope that has been carved out for me, and agreeing on them.

Interview Question – How would you attract the youths to come for a band performance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was a fresh grad, so didn't think of negotiating.

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at National University of Singapore in January 2010.

Interview Details – Communication was excellent. Admin was good. It is just that one of the person interviewing (was recruited a few months before) was also of the same cadre and had a very negative attitude.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with a particular research experience   View Answer

Management Support Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2011.

Interview Details – I knew the company's senior associate director as he was my previous boss at the National Library Board of Singapore. The panel consisted of 3 people (inclusive of him). I submitted my credentials on the day of the interview. Prior to this, they reviewed my resume alongside with other 10 entries. Just be natural, look smart and be sure to highlight the skills that you can offer them for the particular job you are applying for. University employees tend to be have a focus on academics.

Interview Question – Describe your experience at the National Library Board.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had the two phone interviews when I was in Beijing. The time difference is a bad thing ( I had to get up at 5am), and the interviewer's accent always make me to ask for repeating the questions, which annoyed him. He was not patient and I was also nervous. The interview goes not smooth. You can expect the results.

Interview Question – Find the smallest element in a stack   View Answer