National University of Singapore

42 candidate interviews

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details – I applied to the ARL. The head of the lab is a genius and an exceedingly good human being. The interview process was excellent: it was basically a long chat about my previous projects and experiences.

Interview Question – What is the fundamental assumption of law of large numbers?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Research Fellow

I applied in-person and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – Hired by my phd supervisor

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interview Details – interview with the principal investiagtor

Interview Question – N.A. Just read up and understand about the ongoing research/projects in the lab.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details – recommended by my phd supervisor.

Interview Question – N.A.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much. the salary is satisfactory.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Research Fellow Interview

Senior Research Fellow

I applied through other source and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – depend on hiring professor, however dean office hiring process pretty slow

Interview Question – no   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Undergraduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details – Interview and briefing of the research papers of the guide.

Negotiation Details – Fixed

Laboratory Executive Interview

Laboratory Executive
Kent Ridge (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2011.

Interview Details – Three panel interview. Asked me general work ethics questions, lab research experience, how well I manage order and paperwork.

Negotiation Details – Very smooth.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with professor. High GPA is a bonus.

Interview Question – Why do you want this particular topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Master of Science Interview

Master of Science
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – I did my Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering in the year 2011-2012. I specialized in Mechatronics which was an interesting course given the fact that it is versatile in its structure and the learning was fun. I did a series of 7 mini projects (including projects from mechanical, electrical and software domains) to complete the course and they were useful and interesting.

Interview Question – There was no difficult phase as such but it was a hectic one year period for me since I took 5 modules per semester instead of the nominal 3 modules. It was fruitful since I passed out with good grades ans saved one year's tuition fees.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the a research area slightly out of my scope and that was the main reason of not getting an offer

Interview Question – they tested me for my programming skills in matlab and c   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at National University of Singapore