National University of Singapore
www.nus.edu.sg Singapore, Singapore 5000+ Employees

National University of Singapore Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details – Employer (Prof) would ask you about your inclinations and willingness to work past office hours (as expected for research related work). The prof would then describe his/her current works and the findings and he/she would ask you few questions on how would you be able to help out in the lab. They would bring you to meet their lab members and would allow you to have a small chat with them and let you have interactions with them.

Interview Question – They might ask technical questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details – Schedule a meeting with the professor. Talk with him during the meeting about your background. Sometimes he will ask for your transcript and determine whether you are suitable for the job.

Interview Question – Your academic background   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – I saw the opening on the institute's website. The next day I sent out the email, they contacted me, which is faster than I expected. They arranged a phone interview the next day for my personal details.

The real face-to-face interview was the week after. I met the professor who needed the assistant. It was quite casual. We sat in his office on the couch and he asked several questions, like my experience, my career plan, etc. The whole interview lasted for about 40 minutes. Then he told me that I could go out to the office to mingle with people working in the office, which I didn't because they seemed busy.

A week later, I sent a very polite email to the professor to thank him to give me the interview opportunity. On the same day, they sent me an email and told me that they decide to give me the job offer!

(But it does take them long to get an EP for foreign employees)

Interview Question – What are your plans for your career development?   View Answer

Interview Details – interview with the principal investiagtor

Interview Question – N.A. Just read up and understand about the ongoing research/projects in the lab.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details – recommended by my phd supervisor.

Interview Question – N.A.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much. the salary is satisfactory.

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2010.

Interview Details – Questions about background

Interview Question – You have any idea about the job you're going to do?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at National University of Singapore

Worked for National University of Singapore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National University of Singapore Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by National University of Singapore employees and interview candidates.