National University of Singapore
www.nus.edu.sg Singapore, Singapore 5000+ Employees

National University of Singapore Research Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – Mailed to a proffessor on my research interests..
Had a call with him about my current area of work and what I wish to do ..

Interview Question – Nothing.. just questions about my experience   Answer Question

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details – no comment

Interviewed at National University of Singapore

Interview Details – I applied to the ARL. The head of the lab is a genius and an exceedingly good human being. The interview process was excellent: it was basically a long chat about my previous projects and experiences.

Interview Question – What is the fundamental assumption of law of large numbers?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with professor. High GPA is a bonus.

Interview Question – Why do you want this particular topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore in December 2010.

Interview Details – I've known the professor who was interviewing me for over an year, as i did my masters thesis under him.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation with the professor who is hiring me in ECE dept.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore in July 2009.

Interview Details – I think I didn't completely prepare for the interview. I was very nervous, sometimes even don't know what I wanted to say. However, the interviewer was very nice? they asked me things let me know what I wanted to say and relax. There after, I think the interview is OK. to me, I mean.

Research Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview came fast after I sent in my application. The process itself is nothing elaborate, just some talk about my training, education bkground, past experience. This may depend on the actual supervisor, department and school/faculty. Basically what they look for is for people who will probably stay a while on the job, and not someone who is going to be gone in a flash.

Interview Question – Tell me about your training?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at National University of Singapore

Worked for National University of Singapore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National University of Singapore Research Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by National University of Singapore employees and interview candidates.