National University of Singapore Research Fellow Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Fellow Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Know the employer's work well, be very confident with our niche expertise and how our expertise could be amalgamated to their work. Be vocal, ask questions and give relevant input.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you face more failures than successes in your work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National University of Singapore

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2011.

You need to approach the professors before you start to apply. The interview is done if you meet the supervisor during some academic conference/workshop. The salary is standard, not much negotiation involved. The working environment is good. Single or double-share office is provided.

Interview Questions
    • You have to study the research of the group so that you can find a good match when you approach the professors.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kent Ridge (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent Ridge (Singapore)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

the interview is really very technical. You just talk with professor or project PI.

Interview Questions
    just during the talk with project PI

Research Fellow Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

What are you research interests? What kind of research you have ever done?

Research Fellow Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Hired by my phd supervisor

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore in February 2010.

Met up with the department heads and dean.

once you get past the head (which you probably have contact already), if the former approves you,

the dean will most likely allow you through.

Interview Questions
    • What is your vision for the department if you were given a chance to run it in the next 5 years?   View Answer
    • You will have to teach as well other than research. There are other responsibilities, possible procurement, etc, that even though we have dedicated people doing, but if you are request to do it, how willing will you be?   View Answer

Had a better offer in A*star

Worked for National University of Singapore? Contribute to the Community!