National University of Singapore

Updated Oct 29, 2013

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Research Fellow

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – Know the employer's work well, be very confident with our niche expertise and how our expertise could be amalgamated to their work. Be vocal, ask questions and give relevant input.

Interview Question – What would you do if you face more failures than successes in your work?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – What are you research interests? What kind of research you have ever done?

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself after 3 years?   Answer Question

Research Fellow

I applied in-person and interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – Hired by my phd supervisor

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore in February 2010.

Interview Details – Met up with the department heads and dean.

once you get past the head (which you probably have contact already), if the former approves you,

the dean will most likely allow you through.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for the department if you were given a chance to run it in the next 5 years?   View Answer
  • You will have to teach as well other than research. There are other responsibilities, possible procurement, etc, that even though we have dedicated people doing, but if you are request to do it, how willing will you be?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer in A*star

Interviews for Top Jobs at National University of Singapore

Worked for National University of Singapore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National University of Singapore Research Fellow interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by National University of Singapore employees and interview candidates.