National University of Singapore
www.nus.edu.sg Singapore, Singapore 5000+ Employees

National University of Singapore Interview Questions & Reviews in Singapore Singapore

Updated Nov 21, 2013

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – Mailed to a proffessor on my research interests..
Had a call with him about my current area of work and what I wish to do ..

Interview Question – Nothing.. just questions about my experience   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1st round: invitation of written test (including basic financial knowledge and programming skills)
2nd round: interview with research analysts level (key competneces you are qualified to take this job)
3rd round: interview with research associates
4th round: interview with senior management (e.g. why do you want to choose RMI)
5th round: talk with HR to discuss welfare packages

Interview Question – it's 2nd round interview, can be very specific about the skills listed on your resume, you must be very careful about what you write on it   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at National University of Singapore in February 2009.

Interview Details – They provide me with the flight+ accommodation cost for the interview in Singapore. The interview was pretty straight forward, they asked about my past experience and my knwledge about the waste water treatment process

Interview Question – How do you handle being away from your home country and living in a totally different environment?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Laboratory Executive Interview

Laboratory Executive
Kent Ridge (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2011.

Interview Details – Three panel interview. Asked me general work ethics questions, lab research experience, how well I manage order and paperwork.

Negotiation Details – Very smooth.

Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed at National University of Singapore in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with professor. High GPA is a bonus.

Interview Question – Why do you want this particular topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Master of Science Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at National University of Singapore.

Interview Details – I did my Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering in the year 2011-2012. I specialized in Mechatronics which was an interesting course given the fact that it is versatile in its structure and the learning was fun. I did a series of 7 mini projects (including projects from mechanical, electrical and software domains) to complete the course and they were useful and interesting.

Interview Question – There was no difficult phase as such but it was a hectic one year period for me since I took 5 modules per semester instead of the nominal 3 modules. It was fruitful since I passed out with good grades ans saved one year's tuition fees.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at National University of Singapore in December 2010.

Interview Details – I've known the professor who was interviewing me for over an year, as i did my masters thesis under him.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation with the professor who is hiring me in ECE dept.

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at National University of Singapore in January 2010.

Interview Details – Communication was excellent. Admin was good. It is just that one of the person interviewing (was recruited a few months before) was also of the same cadre and had a very negative attitude.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with a particular research experience   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had the two phone interviews when I was in Beijing. The time difference is a bad thing ( I had to get up at 5am), and the interviewer's accent always make me to ask for repeating the questions, which annoyed him. He was not patient and I was also nervous. The interview goes not smooth. You can expect the results.

Interview Question – Find the smallest element in a stack   View Answer

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at National University of Singapore in July 2009.

Interview Details – I think I didn't completely prepare for the interview. I was very nervous, sometimes even don't know what I wanted to say. However, the interviewer was very nice? they asked me things let me know what I wanted to say and relax. There after, I think the interview is OK. to me, I mean.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for National University of Singapore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National University of Singapore interview questions and advice in Singapore, Singapore. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by National University of Singapore employees and interview candidates.