National Urban League Interview Questions

2.4

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at National Urban League in June 2010.

Pleasant employees; Relaxed atmosphere; supportive company with decent benefits; given plenty of opportunity to discuss position and ask questions; treated with courtesy and respect; down to earth individuals; overall very nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any difficult or unexpected questions   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Placement and Retention Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Urban League in May 2010.

The hiring and interview process is simple. A candidate will submit a resume to the hiring Program Director. If selected to move on in the program they will will be contacted for an interview. Typically the interview is conducted with at least two other people. All questions are behavior based.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging questions came after my actual interview. I received a call from the interview panel stating that it was between myself and another candidate why am I the best candidate.   Answer Question

Computers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elyria, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at National Urban League in May 2009.

Just a friendly chat about my skills, the goals of the company and if my hours were compatible.

no negotiation

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at National Urban League in August 2009.

A long telephone interview, followed months later by an in person interview.
    Apparently they had hired someone and it hadn't worked out.
    The boss took a phonecall while I was in the interview. It was rude. I was later to find that this was not just in interviews, but in any kind of meeting.
    They were desperate to find someone, and I expect they are desperate to find someone again.

Interview Questions
    • How do you support social change? Why do you like black people?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lasara, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lasara, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Urban League in April 2010.

Interview, job offer and start date, backgroud check.

Interview Questions
    • In your own words, explain who our organization is and what we stand fo?   Answer Question

Worked for National Urban League? Contribute to the Community!