National Urban League

Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainer Interview

Trainer
Springfield, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at National Urban League in June 2010.

Interview Details – Pleasant employees; Relaxed atmosphere; supportive company with decent benefits; given plenty of opportunity to discuss position and ask questions; treated with courtesy and respect; down to earth individuals; overall very nice experience.

Interview Question – I do not recall any difficult or unexpected questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Placement and Retention Coordinator Interview

Placement and Retention Coordinator
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National Urban League in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is simple. A candidate will submit a resume to the hiring Program Director. If selected to move on in the program they will will be contacted for an interview. Typically the interview is conducted with at least two other people. All questions are behavior based.

Interview Question – The most challenging questions came after my actual interview. I received a call from the interview panel stating that it was between myself and another candidate why am I the best candidate.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Computers Interview

Computers
Elyria, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at National Urban League in May 2009.

Interview Details – Just a friendly chat about my skills, the goals of the company and if my hours were compatible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

General Interview

General
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at National Urban League in August 2009.

Interview Details – A long telephone interview, followed months later by an in person interview.
Apparently they had hired someone and it hadn't worked out.
The boss took a phonecall while I was in the interview. It was rude. I was later to find that this was not just in interviews, but in any kind of meeting.
They were desperate to find someone, and I expect they are desperate to find someone again.

Interview Question – How do you support social change? Why do you like black people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Lasara, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at National Urban League in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview, job offer and start date, backgroud check.

Interview Question – In your own words, explain who our organization is and what we stand fo?   Answer Question

Worked for National Urban League? Contribute to the Community!