National Vision

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at National Vision.

Interview Details – There are usually 2 interviews. You must pass a CDA and a Criminal Background check. The background check can take as long as 2 weeks to come back depending on how many places you list you used to live at.

Negotiation Details – I asked for $45,000 per year, I was told they could come close. They came back with $38,000, I countered with $40,000 and they accepted.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at National Vision

Interview Details – Are you breathing? Can you work below poverty level?

Interview Question – So what do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Bad, no negotiating

Very Easy Interview

Unlicensed Optician Interview

Unlicensed Optician
Fort Bliss, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Vision in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. It only took one interview in order to secure the job. The people I work with are excellent and very knowledgeable about their profession.

Interview Question – I really don't understand this question to answer it effectively enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation phase. The rate was predetermined prior to employment.

Very Easy Interview

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at National Vision in December 2009.

Interview Details – It was very smooth and quick

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Associate/Unlicensed Optician Interview

Associate/Unlicensed Optician
Warner Robins, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at National Vision in July 2010.

Interview Details – Well done, thorough and honest, warm and inviting interview process. Training was so/so, I was confronted with immediate judgement and adversity from the current employees. The manager was very lax, she managed on an integrity system and was being taken advantage of. The employees were busy complaining and discussing religion and other inappropriate things instead of taking care of the customer and stores needs. They attacked the manager every chance they could get and when I stood up for her it made me the next on their list. I fright this to the attention of our district manager and he told me my claims were found unsubstantiated, them asked me to do him a favor and extend my notice, when I had already given them over a month. That was no way to treat someone that have her all, brought the numbers and customer satisfaction numbers, and would come early, stay late and on my days off, still come in when needed!

Interview Question – Most difficult was, you were worth what you ask, if I promise to get you your raises will you come to work for us at 3/hour, less? That was all she was slotted to offer!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – See above

Unlicensed Optician Interview

Unlicensed Optician
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at National Vision in August 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed by the store manager at a Vision Center located inside of a Wal-Mart. Instead of taking me into a room at Vision Center we walked across the way and sat in the dining area at the McDonald's also located inside Wal-Mart. We started by talking about the Vision Center. Then I was asked some "getting to know you" questions. I was asked several what appeared to be unscripted question about my prior job experience. I was asked about 20 scripted questions about my previous work experience. As a final task, the interviewer gave me a quick lesson about glasses and we role-played a little bit of customer interaction.

At the end of the interview we discussed job expectations. I was told I would receive about a week of training and my first 90 days would be a probationary period. The sales associates do have quotas (e.g. sell X number of high index lenses during a given period). The interview lasted about 2 hours 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Define what success means to you right now.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no wage negotiation.

Worked for National Vision? Contribute to the Community!