National Vision Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2015

1.9

Lab Tech II Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at National Vision.

Interview

Very easy . If you get the call , you are in. Anyone can get in. They make you promises and dont keep them. Make sure everything is in black and white. If nit in 6 month they act like they do t know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions

• Was i family oriented, and close to my family   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National Vision.

Interview

It was wonderful. they really were interested in knowing about me as a person my hobbies and interests wanting to know where I found my career and the next five years I could tell they were very interested in developing me as an employee and that is what matters most to me I really liked the story was clean and the coworkers rather friendly I recommend this company to anyone

Interview Questions

• I was asked how to handle the trouble customer warning the customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were great they really care about their employees. When they interviewed me I asked for $12 an hour if you she me for something more reasonable.. Commission involved with sales so I really like that part to go see a shins for health benefits dental vision was easy as they have a wonderful benefits package I recommend this company to anyone who has family or who is looking for a good insurance especially dental and vision you got two free pair of glasses each year and your family gets 50 percent off everything. I have a dental insurance and is very good

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at National Vision.

Interview

There are usually 2 interviews. You must pass a CDA and a Criminal Background check. The background check can take as long as 2 weeks to come back depending on how many places you list you used to live at.

Negotiation

I asked for $45,000 per year, I was told they could come close. They came back with $38,000, I countered with $40,000 and they accepted.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Are you breathing? Can you work below poverty level?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Bad, no negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Bliss, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Vision (Fort Bliss, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. It only took one interview in order to secure the job. The people I work with are excellent and very knowledgeable about their profession.

Interview Questions

• I really don't understand this question to answer it effectively enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation phase. The rate was predetermined prior to employment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at National Vision (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I interviewed by the store manager at a Vision Center located inside of a Wal-Mart. Instead of taking me into a room at Vision Center we walked across the way and sat in the dining area at the McDonald's also located inside Wal-Mart. We started by talking about the Vision Center. Then I was asked some "getting to know you" questions. I was asked several what appeared to be unscripted question about my prior job experience. I was asked about 20 scripted questions about my previous work experience. As a final task, the interviewer gave me a quick lesson about glasses and we role-played a little bit of customer interaction.

At the end of the interview we discussed job expectations. I was told I would receive about a week of training and my first 90 days would be a probationary period. The sales associates do have quotas (e.g. sell X number of high index lenses during a given period). The interview lasted about 2 hours 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no wage negotiation.

Unlicensed Optician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Vision in September 2010.

Interview

Prefers inexperience people to apply so they can train you how to learn their protocol in the optical world. Two interviews for final acception. Soft interview with the GM and then 2nd interview with the DM. The interview with the DM was a bit nervous but it was more of the company wanting to know your personality and how you interact with customers. So it's more base on how you communicate and listen so that will help you when you get hired and working with customers.

Interview Questions

• Again like most people says, their hiring process on paperwork was slow and very unorganize. It took 2 weeks to process my paperwork.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NONE! It was base pay or the highway!

Associate/Unlicensed Optician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at National Vision (Warner Robins, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

Well done, thorough and honest, warm and inviting interview process. Training was so/so, I was confronted with immediate judgement and adversity from the current employees. The manager was very lax, she managed on an integrity system and was being taken advantage of. The employees were busy complaining and discussing religion and other inappropriate things instead of taking care of the customer and stores needs. They attacked the manager every chance they could get and when I stood up for her it made me the next on their list. I fright this to the attention of our district manager and he told me my claims were found unsubstantiated, them asked me to do him a favor and extend my notice, when I had already given them over a month. That was no way to treat someone that have her all, brought the numbers and customer satisfaction numbers, and would come early, stay late and on my days off, still come in when needed!

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was, you were worth what you ask, if I promise to get you your raises will you come to work for us at 3/hour, less? That was all she was slotted to offer!   1 Answer

Negotiation

See above

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at National Vision (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

It was very smooth and quick