National Zoo

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Daycare Attendant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at National Zoo.

Interview Details – Applied and received a request for phone interview with a panel. Within about a week, I received a written notice that I was declined for that position, yet was offered a different position. Ultimately, I declined the offer.

Interview Question – What is the mission/motto of the National Zoo.   Answer Question

Groundskeeper Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Zoo in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online (Almost every gig requires)..... few weeks later, received a email saying call person "A". Called person "A" and was scheduled for a interview at 11 am. Once checked in, to be interviewed, I was told my interview was scheduled at 1pm (Unorganized.... the interviewer left to go do something unimportant.....2 hr wait). Once the interviewer arrived he felt I couldn't do the job & he knew he didn't know how to interview, so he asked the manager to interview me. The manager showed me a list of the positions they were hiring for (I was interested in any of them...if they're open). All the questions were read from a paper. I was told other candidates will be interviewed & if I dont receive a callback within 2 weeks......(Well you know what that means).

Interview Question – All of the ?'s are read off a sheet of paper. Retail based questions like, "How would you deal with a unruly customer?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at National Zoo in March 2010.

Interview Details – The whole process was easy the called me in one week. After j finished the online application. Then once i went in and took the test and passed i got the job but there really wasnt an interview

Interview Question – When was the last time you visit the zoo   View Answer

Food Service Cashier Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at National Zoo in March 2009.

Interview Details – I did a paper application at the time but now they require you to apply online. I got a call back a few days after turing in my application and had an interview scheduled. At the interview I had to do a math and literacy test. The interview only lasted for 20 min at the most. A week after that I got a call back telling me I got the job. Advice I'd offer to anyone who wants to apply is to dress appropriately, be well groomed, and just be yourself.

Interview Question – I didn't received any difficult questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for National Zoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Zoo interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by National Zoo employees and interview candidates.