Nationstar Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.4

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a day to set up an interview time. I had my interview and then they lost my application. It took a month for them to find it and call me back with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked personal questions. Like how well do you work in teams. How are you with talking with attorneys?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer you gave was the one you had to take.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

I applied for the position on line, and within 24 hours, I received a call from the HR Recruiter. I had my interview a few days later and was offered the position within a couple of hours.

The interview itself wasn't difficult. I met with the hiring manager and the senior lead.

Audit Senior Interview

Interview

Interview process was great, met with three different people, they spoke highly of the company and explained the position very well. Everything in the interview was exactly what I would be doing in my new position.

Negotiation

NA

Interview

Horrible process. Not organized at all! They were all seem to be so stressed and could not even focus on selling the position. Everybody were all very new to the company.

Loan Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in September 2014.

Interview

Easy interview, pretty basic interview questions. They managers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Overall, good experience. First was a phone interview, personality test, and then a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Lewisville, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed two different times for two different positions. Each time I was left dangling with emails from HR stating that they were still interviewing but I was still being considered. Both times I was eventually told they decided to start the interview process over again but look for people with more experience. They knew my experience when they brought me in. I got the impression both times that they're growing very fast and not sure what they want

Loan Administration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

1. Current employee submitted resume with HR
    2. Received call from HR within a few days & did a phone screening
    3. Had interview with 3 managers within a couple of weeks (2 interviews back-to-back - 2 managers for first one, 1 manager for the second one)
    4. Did not hear back for almost 2 months
    5. Received call from HR almost 2 months later with offer and non-negotiable salary
    6. Accepted offer & started training within another couple of weeks

Total process = nearly 3 months

Interview Questions

• None too difficult; pretty average - just a lot of questions; too many, actually   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - was told the salary over the phone & it was a take it or leave it type of situation

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

Timeliness. Horrible interview process. Showed up15 minutes before the scheduled interview time and had to wait 30minutes after the schedule time. Sometimes can take a month or so but it was very quick when I was brought on. Nationstar has since started to hire more qualified individuals, so the rigor of interview might have increased since.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic. Nothing regarding prior knowledge of foreclosure or mortgage industry. Questions only revolved around how I would handle situations with management or if I witnessed someone doing something unethical and how I would approach the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Offer was at the time solid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

Hiring process is lengthy. I applied initially on line in November of 2012. I did not get here back until January for a 1 on 1 interview, this with a friend working for the company already. Questions dealt with my resume and a few general questions ie. tell us about yourself, etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty basic interview questions and dealt primarily with my resume. The manager really wanted to know if I would be available to work overtime, when offered.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Specialist Interview

Interview

Phone interview + drug/background screening

Interview Questions

• Not bad at all they basically were looking to staff as many people as quickly as possible - You will do fine   Answer Question