Nationstar Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.4

Loan Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

Already knowing people there helps the process. Phone interview, in person interview, call from the recruiting team to accept and some online tasks prior to start date. Pretty simple overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some sort of adversity you faced in your career and overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

Informal and disorganized. Lack of standard, in-depth interview questions. Only interviewed with one hiring manager. Process is not rigorous enough to identify solid candidates. My interview only lasted 45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Lewisville, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on an alternate career site. The Recruiter sent me an email to fill out a company profile and actual application. Then, there was a brief telephone interview with the Recruiter. Next, an emailed skills and behavioral questionnaire needed to be completed before the scheduled face to face interview. The skills portions was timed and but the behavioral portion was not. Lastly, face to face interview with a Manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, about a month later they called to set up a phone interview. After that I was supposed to meet with the VP and AVP at the Irving TX location. Interview went fairly easy. Was straight to the point. I was offered position the same day. Whole process from phone interview to accepting offer took less than a week.

Loan Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in July 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me details about position. Wednesday Sent me an assessment. Thursday 1st interview (Monday) interviewed with two people, less then 10 questions. Had me do a side by side, listening to calls, with a representative who works for nationstar. Met the main manager. Went over position details with me again. Told me I can start as soon as the following week. 20 mins later received a call saying they can start my background check today.,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Study interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage (Chandler, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was brought into a small room with another person and we sat at a table. She asked me a series of basic interview questions-- some were behavioral, some were general-- and then asked me if I had any questions for her. I asked her what a typical workday would look like. Then she had me listen to a call with a representative on the floor and asked me some questions about that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a day to set up an interview time. I had my interview and then they lost my application. It took a month for them to find it and call me back with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked personal questions. Like how well do you work in teams. How are you with talking with attorneys?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer you gave was the one you had to take.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview

I applied for the position on line, and within 24 hours, I received a call from the HR Recruiter. I had my interview a few days later and was offered the position within a couple of hours. The interview itself wasn't difficult. I met with the hiring manager and the senior lead.

Audit Senior Interview

Interview

Interview process was great, met with three different people, they spoke highly of the company and explained the position very well. Everything in the interview was exactly what I would be doing in my new position.

Negotiation

NA

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Horrible process. Not organized at all! They were all seem to be so stressed and could not even focus on selling the position. Everybody were all very new to the company.