Nationstar Mortgage

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lewisville, TX

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was notified about the job through an employment agency which set up an interview. Nationstar was hiring a large amount of employees because of economy crash. Filled out information online including previous work history and last 7 years of residence information. Interviewer was unconventional in his questions. Seemed to make it easy to do well and get hired.

Interview Question – Unexpected question, 'What do you think your friends would say about you if we were to ask them?'   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not try negotiating.

Loan Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was very easy and on point.

Interview Question – There were not any complex or challenging questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you are a recent college graduate, there isn't any negotiation.

Lewisville, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in August 2009.

Interview Details – 1st was a group interview, then 2 one on one interviews.

Interview Question – No hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lewisville, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Interview Details – Met 1:1 for about 20-30 minutes with a manager. Behavior style interview questions. Tell me about yourself. Strengths/weaknesses. Tell me about a time you failed to meet customer expectations. Experience that didn't go right in a group setting and how you handled it. Conflict with a manager and how it was resolved. Greatest accomplishment so far. How would your friends describe your personality?

Interview Question – Just have examples ready for the questions above.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered same salary to all entry level professionals with a degree.

Lewisville, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted through a recruiter about the position. Did a screening with her, got some info on the company, another screening and then she setup an interview. The interview was just a 1 on 1 with a manager... pretty informal. He had a list of questions but only asked me 1 off of it (he told me). Wanted to gauge me as an individual more or less.

Interview Question – If you could be anything what would you be?
What would your friends say about you?
What do you know about Nationstar?
  Answer Question

Lewisville, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly painless. Nationstar does most of their recruiting through outside companies. The outside company got a hold of me, and set up the interview directly with Nationstar. I met with someone from HR for about 10 minutes, then met with the hiring manager and his assistant for about 30 minutes. Afterwards, I observed a loan counselor at work. I briefly touched base with the hiring manager after that, and then the interview was over. They seem to offer positions 3-5 days after the interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a mistake you made and what you would have done differently?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Commute was too long, and making 100 phone calls a day wasn't my cup of tea.

Lewisville, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in November 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted a third party recruiter via a college job site.
Discussed the position with the third party recruiter first over a phone interview.
Came in person for an interview with a human resources representative and then manager, seemed pretty straight forward, the human resources representative covered the salary and benefits and then the manager asked questions for maybe 20-30 minutes and detailed the job position.
After the interview the manager allowed me to shadow a Loan Counselor with a call to see what the daily duties of the job would basically entail.

Interview Question – Standard questions that are usually asked in an interview like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?". The manager just asked me the questions off a list on a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They don't glorify the position at all, you're basically sitting on the phone calling people to pay their loans all day. I had another job offer that didn't force me to relocate so I went with that.

Flower Mound, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in June 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty basic. Phone interview which led to in-person interviews. Had interviews with four people, two at a time.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for a mortgage servicing company?   Answer Question

Lewisville, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in August 2010.

Interview Details – First I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview. The questions were pretty basic. Then I went and had 1:1 interviews with two different hiring managers. Followed by job shadow with a current employment. Overall the process was very relaxed. I was offered the job at the end of the interview and came back a week to later to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate offer.

Very Easy Interview

Lewisville, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very east interview. Got a offer the next day.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Worked for Nationstar Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!