Nationstar Mortgage Loan Counselor Interview Questions & Reviews

16 interviews

2.3

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in February 2013.

Was notified about the job through an employment agency which set up an interview. Nationstar was hiring a large amount of employees because of economy crash. Filled out information online including previous work history and last 7 years of residence information. Interviewer was unconventional in his questions. Seemed to make it easy to do well and get hired.

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected question, 'What do you think your friends would say about you if we were to ask them?'   View Answer
Did not try negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Nationstar Mortgage

Loan Counselor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Hiring and interview process was very easy and on point.

Interview Questions
    If you are a recent college graduate, there isn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in August 2009.

1st was a group interview, then 2 one on one interviews.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage.

Met 1:1 for about 20-30 minutes with a manager. Behavior style interview questions. Tell me about yourself. Strengths/weaknesses. Tell me about a time you failed to meet customer expectations. Experience that didn't go right in a group setting and how you handled it. Conflict with a manager and how it was resolved. Greatest accomplishment so far. How would your friends describe your personality?

Interview Questions
    Offered same salary to all entry level professionals with a degree.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in March 2013.

I was contacted through a recruiter about the position. Did a screening with her, got some info on the company, another screening and then she setup an interview. The interview was just a 1 on 1 with a manager... pretty informal. He had a list of questions but only asked me 1 off of it (he told me). Wanted to gauge me as an individual more or less.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be anything what would you be?
      What would your friends say about you?
      What do you know about Nationstar?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in January 2013.

The interview process was fairly painless. Nationstar does most of their recruiting through outside companies. The outside company got a hold of me, and set up the interview directly with Nationstar. I met with someone from HR for about 10 minutes, then met with the hiring manager and his assistant for about 30 minutes. Afterwards, I observed a loan counselor at work. I briefly touched base with the hiring manager after that, and then the interview was over. They seem to offer positions 3-5 days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a mistake you made and what you would have done differently?   Answer Question

Commute was too long, and making 100 phone calls a day wasn't my cup of tea.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in November 2012.

Contacted a third party recruiter via a college job site.
    Discussed the position with the third party recruiter first over a phone interview.
    Came in person for an interview with a human resources representative and then manager, seemed pretty straight forward, the human resources representative covered the salary and benefits and then the manager asked questions for maybe 20-30 minutes and detailed the job position.
    After the interview the manager allowed me to shadow a Loan Counselor with a call to see what the daily duties of the job would basically entail.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions that are usually asked in an interview like "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?". The manager just asked me the questions off a list on a piece of paper.   Answer Question

They don't glorify the position at all, you're basically sitting on the phone calling people to pay their loans all day. I had another job offer that didn't force me to relocate so I went with that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in June 2012.

Pretty basic. Phone interview which led to in-person interviews. Had interviews with four people, two at a time.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for a mortgage servicing company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in August 2010.

First I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview. The questions were pretty basic. Then I went and had 1:1 interviews with two different hiring managers. Followed by job shadow with a current employment. Overall the process was very relaxed. I was offered the job at the end of the interview and came back a week to later to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    Unable to negotiate offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Nationstar Mortgage in January 2010.

Very east interview. Got a offer the next day.

n/a

Worked for Nationstar Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!