Nationwide

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nationwide in December 2010.

The questions were stock and apparently the same as used for all candidates ("Describe a work experience in which you had to overcome obstacles, what you did, and the outcome."). However, questions to the interviewers resulted in evasive answers. In other words, all of the information was one way - their way. My impression is that they want attorneys who are not individualist but that will submit and strictly adhere to bureaucracy. Offices were spartan and the approach was one of: You need a job? You are lucky you can speak with us! Of course, it is not the employers fault. Attorneys have allowed themselves to become clerks in order to find work. The problem is that they devalue the profession and ultimately harm the employer who does not receive true objective legal counsel. In the case of insurance companies using staff counsel as a cheap way to represent the insured, the liability to bad faith and malpractice is ever present in such arrangements.Moreover, the insureds will eventually realize that they are being shortchanged and seek other insurance providers.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a workplace conflict, what you did about it, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nationwide

Attorney Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nationwide in November 2011.

My interview experience with Nationwide was wonderful, even though I didn't make it to the second round of interviews. I was one of three interviewing for a litigation position, but I was the only out of town candidate. The first interview was to be held in the local office. The hiring attorney went out of his way to try to interview me via video messenger. The effort was impressive. In addition to the manager of the local office, the regional manager and an attorney whose role is sort of quality control also interviewed me. The interviewers were polite and friendly. Nationwide is looking for attorneys with quite a bit of trial and personal injury experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions involved organizational skills, and trial/PI experience.   Answer Question