Nationwide Building Society Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in June 2015.

Interview

telephone interview asking about what you think the role requires. then a face to face interview with 2 managers, first asking about a product or service you've researched and then complacency questions.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult colleague?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed about 2 weeks later to arrange an telephone interview. Telephone interview was mainly questions about customer service and bases ones. This lasted about 10 minutes. Then a week later received another email to phone a number to arrange a face to face branch interview. In this interview you are asked to produce a 5 minutes talk about one of the products and competency questions. This lasted 20-30 minutes. Then told will find out by email from HR department 2 weeks later of a conditional offer prior to credit check and police checks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you have had to work with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

Online application following which I completed a telephone interview with competency based questions. Successful with telephone interview so next stage was face to face interview which involved more competency based questions which I tried to answer using the STAR method. A short role play concluded the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

Standard initial online application. This was successful and I was asked to attend a face to face interview. The interviewers asked me to go through my CV and proceeded to ask me competency based questions. I used the STAR method when answering. Finished the interview by allowing me to ask questions about the role and company. Fair interview process.
    I have not heard back from the recruiter yet, it has been over a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to deal with conflict?   1 Answer

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

There was an initial telephone conference call which was very open and gave both parties a chance to talk about the role and experience. The face to face interview was Competency based, very structured and the interviewers did not veer away from their list of questions. This did not give much opportunity to share information and one or two of the questions were a little unclear. That said I found the process fine and got a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about agility which was confusingly phrased, and nothing to do with fitness.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in October 2014.

Interview

The process involved an on-line application in the form of a covering letter and CV. Initial interview with the Head of Sourcing and another Senior Commercial Manager, followed by a meeting with the Group Head of Commercial

Interview Questions

• The questions were rather vague and generic and nothing that wouldn't come up at any interview. The most challenging would be "tell me about a time when you have had to deal with a difficult person"   Answer Question

Throughout the initial interview with the Head of Sourcing, I found that he showed a lack of interest in the interview from the outset. He made it clear that he didn't have much time for the interview which in my view suggested that, as my potential line manager, he lacked interest in his team and the role. He continually looked at his watch or the clock on the wall, sighing throughout and looking bored.

After the initial interview I was surprised to be invited back to meet the Head of Commercial and although that appeared to go well. I ultimately took the view that the Head of Sourcing was not professional and someone I would wish to work with.

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a response after 2-3 weeks requesting me to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Circa 2 weeks later was invited for an interview. In the interview they asked many questions about my background related to the position. Afterwards, they said they would get back to me in a few days. So, I sent an email a week later. No response. Then I called after 2 weeks and they said they would call me back the next day. No response. So, I called after 3 weeks. Again, they said they would call me back. No response. Finally, after 1 month they sent a standard template HR email that they send to people who don't make the first round of interviews. So, it was disappointing how the follow-up was handled.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society (Northampton, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Fairly swift process, interview was organised very quickly and interviewers were friendly enough. Office environment also seemed quite friendly. However, didn't get the job and no feedback at all, which I consider bad after spending the time to do the tests and interview/s

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

Online application, phone interview (the stage I am up to) one to one interview, as far as I know, that is the full process, although I imagine there's a maths test.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think the role is.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Interview

I had to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Was invited to an interview and asked to prepare a presentation on the role of digital media. I did not get the job and was not notified of this decision by either phone or email, which I found disappointing and discourteous.