Nationwide Building Society

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.9

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in September 2014.

Applied online. Received a response after 2-3 weeks requesting me to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Circa 2 weeks later was invited for an interview. In the interview they asked many questions about my background related to the position. Afterwards, they said they would get back to me in a few days. So, I sent an email a week later. No response. Then I called after 2 weeks and they said they would call me back the next day. No response. So, I called after 3 weeks. Again, they said they would call me back. No response. Finally, after 1 month they sent a standard template HR email that they send to people who don't make the first round of interviews. So, it was disappointing how the follow-up was handled.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in August 2014.

Fairly swift process, interview was organised very quickly and interviewers were friendly enough. Office environment also seemed quite friendly. However, didn't get the job and no feedback at all, which I consider bad after spending the time to do the tests and interview/s

Assistant Marketing Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

I had to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Was invited to an interview and asked to prepare a presentation on the role of digital media. I did not get the job and was not notified of this decision by either phone or email, which I found disappointing and discourteous.

Customer Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Online application, phone interview (the stage I am up to) one to one interview, as far as I know, that is the full process, although I imagine there's a maths test.

Personal Banking Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2014.

I went for this position from being a Customer Representative internally. I applied online and was emailed by HR letting me know of the interview date which was 4 days time. I was interviewed by the Senior Manager of the branch and one of the existing personal banking managers in that branch. There were 6 questions and a product based exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example where you have used diary management in the workplace?   Answer Question

Complaint Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2013.

It is a competency test based interview. The interviewees are very friendly and welcoming. I loved the fact that this is only dependant on merit and not on reccommendation. If you do well and give a good impression you'll be given a chance.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in March 2013.

6 out of a possible 12 competency based questions asking to give a time when you have done certain types of things, depending on the role.

Interview Questions
    • give me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in June 2012.

Initial emails, psychometric testing, one face to face interview with 2 senior managers

Interview Questions
    • Interest rates, what affects society, how credit risk works   Answer Question
    Negotiate wage, they go away, come back with offer or decline offer.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2012.

Interview process was the most shambolic process I have ever been through. Very slow and unprofessional. Did not want to proceed after first interview. Hiring manager did not answer emails in a timely manner. And when he finally did, he sent an email which was meant for another candidate to me

Interview Questions
    • Do you think nationwide is a good fit for you   View Answer

Complaints Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in January 2012.

Contractual position, skype interview which as about questions like working under pressure, meeting targets etc

Interview Questions
    • knowledge of PPI processes and this specific insurance.   Answer Question

Got a similar profile with barclays plc