Nationwide Building Society

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.9

Marketing Communications Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Standard initial online application. This was successful and I was asked to attend a face to face interview. The interviewers asked me to go through my CV and proceeded to ask me competency based questions. I used the STAR method when answering. Finished the interview by allowing me to ask questions about the role and company. Fair interview process.
    I have not heard back from the recruiter yet, it has been over a week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have had to deal with conflict?   View Answer

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in November 2014.

There was an initial telephone conference call which was very open and gave both parties a chance to talk about the role and experience. The face to face interview was Competency based, very structured and the interviewers did not veer away from their list of questions. This did not give much opportunity to share information and one or two of the questions were a little unclear. That said I found the process fine and got a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question about agility which was confusingly phrased, and nothing to do with fitness.   Answer Question

Senior Commercial Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in October 2014.

The process involved an on-line application in the form of a covering letter and CV. Initial interview with the Head of Sourcing and another Senior Commercial Manager, followed by a meeting with the Group Head of Commercial

Interview Questions
    • The questions were rather vague and generic and nothing that wouldn't come up at any interview. The most challenging would be "tell me about a time when you have had to deal with a difficult person"   Answer Question

Throughout the initial interview with the Head of Sourcing, I found that he showed a lack of interest in the interview from the outset. He made it clear that he didn't have much time for the interview which in my view suggested that, as my potential line manager, he lacked interest in his team and the role. He continually looked at his watch or the clock on the wall, sighing throughout and looking bored.

After the initial interview I was surprised to be invited back to meet the Head of Commercial and although that appeared to go well. I ultimately took the view that the Head of Sourcing was not professional and someone I would wish to work with.

Capital Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in September 2014.

Applied online. Received a response after 2-3 weeks requesting me to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Circa 2 weeks later was invited for an interview. In the interview they asked many questions about my background related to the position. Afterwards, they said they would get back to me in a few days. So, I sent an email a week later. No response. Then I called after 2 weeks and they said they would call me back the next day. No response. So, I called after 3 weeks. Again, they said they would call me back. No response. Finally, after 1 month they sent a standard template HR email that they send to people who don't make the first round of interviews. So, it was disappointing how the follow-up was handled.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in August 2014.

Fairly swift process, interview was organised very quickly and interviewers were friendly enough. Office environment also seemed quite friendly. However, didn't get the job and no feedback at all, which I consider bad after spending the time to do the tests and interview/s

Assistant Marketing Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

I had to complete numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Was invited to an interview and asked to prepare a presentation on the role of digital media. I did not get the job and was not notified of this decision by either phone or email, which I found disappointing and discourteous.

Customer Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nationwide Building Society.

Online application, phone interview (the stage I am up to) one to one interview, as far as I know, that is the full process, although I imagine there's a maths test.

Personal Banking Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2014.

I went for this position from being a Customer Representative internally. I applied online and was emailed by HR letting me know of the interview date which was 4 days time. I was interviewed by the Senior Manager of the branch and one of the existing personal banking managers in that branch. There were 6 questions and a product based exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example where you have used diary management in the workplace?   Answer Question

Complaint Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in May 2013.

It is a competency test based interview. The interviewees are very friendly and welcoming. I loved the fact that this is only dependant on merit and not on reccommendation. If you do well and give a good impression you'll be given a chance.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nationwide Building Society in March 2013.

6 out of a possible 12 competency based questions asking to give a time when you have done certain types of things, depending on the role.

Interview Questions
    • give me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question